This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How will PS Pass affect GameStop...

#1averageduPosted 7/9/2011 12:12:04 AM
...seeing as GameStop sells primarily opened game disks that have are fully accessible by random customers? How are you going to be assured (a) that they are actually giving you a pass with your new game, and (b) that the pass hasn't already been taken and used by someone else?

I have a hard enough time just getting the GameStop employee to place the actual game disk in the case when I buy a new game.
---
PSN: duandsku
#2KillingHarderPosted 7/9/2011 12:14:59 AM
The game pass is put into the sleeve with the disc? Makes sense right? That's because that's what happens.
---
"What is strength without a double dose of wisdom?"
#3averagedu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2011 12:16:50 AM
Do people actually trust GameStop to put the pass in the case? I seriously have walked out of a GameStop more than once with just a case, no game inside, after they spent like 10 minutes looking for the game disk.
---
PSN: duandsku
#4BoulderPosted 7/9/2011 12:20:37 AM
Could put the pass on the book like guitar hero did.
---
Now Playing: anything worth a look
#5jubjub360Posted 7/9/2011 12:29:39 AM
I honestly do not have a problem with my gamestop. They don't open up the new games and take the disk out. I think that actually might be against company policy as well.
#6KainnK19Posted 7/9/2011 12:34:01 AM
KillingHarder posted...
The game pass is put into the sleeve with the disc? Makes sense right? That's because that's what happens.

averagedu posted...
Do people actually trust GameStop to put the pass in the case? I seriously have walked out of a GameStop more than once with just a case, no game inside, after they spent like 10 minutes looking for the game disk.

Both of these. The employees will be told to put the pass into the sleeve with the disc. Sometimes they will, sometimes they won't. Many, many people will leave Gamestop without checking, get home, rage when they find out, go back to Gamestop, get turned away because the employee can't find it/is too lazy to look/doesn't know anything, and we will see a TON of topics on here about how horrible Gamestop is. More than there are now.

The Mayans were right about 2012.
---
I was into the Playstation Move before it was cool to be - 7/13/2010
Does that sounds logic? It is NOT - TH3_SYN
#7BigSaltyDookiePosted 7/9/2011 12:45:32 AM
Why would anybody buy a new opened game from GameStop? As far as I'm concerned.. if the game is opened by them, it's no longer new and I won't purchase it as such. If I preordered a game, got a sealed copy of a new game from them and then opened it they wouldn't consider the game new any more. I hold them to the same standard that they hold their customers.

PS Pass won't affect me though. Only PS3 game I plan on buying is Uncharted 3 and that'll be new and from Amazon. Everything else is multiplatform and I always buy those for either the 360 or PC.
---
Old bear.. he likes the honey!
Heart attack never stopped old big bear!
#8RoachmeatPosted 7/9/2011 12:51:17 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9KingsofroninPosted 7/9/2011 1:12:14 AM
averagedu posted...
How will PS Pass affect GameStop...

It won't.
---
Visit my game dev blog for reviews, blogs and more!
http://www.canstdostgames.wordpress.com/
#10tack129Posted 7/9/2011 4:13:30 AM
It won't, life will go on.

The only way that Gamestop will refuse to sell games are if you tie saves with the game like how Capcom did it with Resident Evil Mercenaries on 3DS or something else. I'm sure if Gamestop had a problem with online passes they would have done so ages ago when it was being implemented by banning games with the online pass included.

EB games near me do take the disk and pass out of the packaging but they put the disk and pass inside CD covers in a locked cabinet as we have morons around here whom will slip a game case in their jacket and walk off.
---
PSN: tack129