This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Battlefield verion of progress or Call of DUty's?

#1Grey_AsakuraPosted 7/9/2011 1:08:39 AM
BF version

- U unlock everything there is a little over halfway to max level

COD version
- constant stream of unlockables
#2jubjub360Posted 7/9/2011 1:11:23 AM
Grey_Asakura posted...
BF version

COD version
- constant stream of unlockables that are the same thing every prestige

Fixed it for you.
#3DmanTeePosted 7/9/2011 1:36:26 AM
I'm just going to go right ahead and say I prefer COD's progress system. Why you ask? Because your post was obviously not skewed in favour of COD.
#4KrowMagnanPosted 7/9/2011 5:44:10 AM
Grey_Asakura posted...
BF version

COD version
- constant stream of unlockables

Ok fanboy...stop comparing Battlefield 3 to COD via Bad Company 2
---
GT = KrowMagnan / PSN = SicNessDaEmcee
Support Local Music!! www.reverbnation.com/gang greenemcees (no space)
#5Rarehunter_idolPosted 7/9/2011 6:15:59 AM
It amazes me just how touchy some people are over two videogames. Wow.

Anyway, i think it works well for both of them honestly. I find Bad Company 2 has you leveling up very slowly in comparison to CoD, so unlocking everything by the half-way mark makes things a lot nicer. Otherwise only the super-dedicated would have the best weapons and maul everybody else haha.

I enjoy online titles but i'm not always playing them. On PS3 BC2 i believe i'm at about level 27 or so, whereas on Black Ops i've almost hit 50. Mind you i've probably played BC2 twice as much due to having the game for a lot longer.
---
This Body Holding Me Reminds Me Of My Own Mortality. Embrace This Moment, Remember; We Are Eternal, All This Pain Is An illusion...
#6Drakengard002Posted 7/9/2011 6:26:49 AM(edited)
CoD's system is more addictive. It's a skinnerbox method of keeping the player engaged. And why do they do that? Because otherwise the gameplay lacks staying power on its own.

BF represents a less pathetic attempt to engage the player through actual open ended gameplay maps and teamwork.
---
I'm not saying Drake is classist or racist, but he does hate poor minorities. ~ Jakyl