This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I really don't understand how people mix a social life, job, and gaming together

#101MrCheese4321Posted 7/10/2011 2:58:57 PM
When appo says girlfriend he means 14 year old girl he met at a Miley Cyrus concert.
---
Why go to the park and fly a kite, when you can just pop a pill?
#102BIGGESTPS3FAN(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2011 3:38:05 PM
Utada posted...
preparinfor college? like what?

until you get your assosciates you should have plenty of time to do things, and possibly even for bachelors. Once you get to the meat of the education is when you need to study study study.

girlfriend? is she living with you? are you whipped?

work? I'm assuming part-time since you're talking about college.

I mean, I never had a problem. Even when I was doing 40-50 hour work weeks and 12 credit hours of classes a week, plus the girlfriend. If she's that needy/clingy, then something needs to be done. yes, spend time with her. don't spend ALL your time with her.

College: I meant like getting my classes, filling out a few forms, etc.

Work: It's a temporary job. I work anywhere from 24-40 hours a week.

Girlfriend: She is not living with me. She is not needy or clingy. We just like to spend as much time together as possible, especially since she will be moving 10 hours away in August...
---
I hate my username. Call me Appo
Even through a storm on the darkest night, don't you ever give up the fight. Even when you feel you're all alone, PLAY ON <3
#103UtadaPosted 7/10/2011 4:45:58 PM
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...
Utada posted...
preparinfor college? like what?

until you get your assosciates you should have plenty of time to do things, and possibly even for bachelors. Once you get to the meat of the education is when you need to study study study.

girlfriend? is she living with you? are you whipped?

work? I'm assuming part-time since you're talking about college.

I mean, I never had a problem. Even when I was doing 40-50 hour work weeks and 12 credit hours of classes a week, plus the girlfriend. If she's that needy/clingy, then something needs to be done. yes, spend time with her. don't spend ALL your time with her.

College: I meant like getting my classes, filling out a few forms, etc.

Work: It's a temporary job. I work anywhere from 24-40 hours a week.

Girlfriend: She is not living with me. She is not needy or clingy. We just like to spend as much time together as possible, especially since she will be moving 10 hours away in August...

College: And how is any of that time consuming unless you have big lines? Why are you goign to a Uni(from what it sounds like) for your assosciates/general education courses?

Work: k

Girlfriend: Then don't complain that you can't balance your time if you dedicate it all to your girlfriend.
---
My signature had to be changed after 4 years; 8/11/10 I shall remember!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/Utada/sig.jpg
#104poetic_logicPosted 7/10/2011 4:52:26 PM
I use to struggle with it early in my marriage. Now it is really easy. I learned to only game for an hour, maybe 2 max, during the week. Friday night I'm usually able to game all night, Saturday is the wife and friends, around 11/midnight I game for 3-4 hours. Sunday is me and the wife watching a movie or two, sometimes Church and then I game a couple hours before bed. Then the cycle starts over.
---
Now playing: Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles II (PSP) and Mass Effect 2 (360)
#105ThePatrickPosted 7/10/2011 5:09:19 PM
Yeah, it's pretty rough at times.

Obviously the job and social life come first, but I do like to get in gaming time.

That's why the thing *I* don't get is why people want to apparently lurk online and wait for the people on their friends list to appear so they can send tons of messages. It's OK; I like getting messages, hearing how things are...I like answering questions like "how is that game?"

FROM TIME TO TIME

And it's usually after I'm done playing the game and go to sign off.

These days, it seems like people just freak out and cry if they don't get a response immediately from people. I guess I'm just super-old and not used to the "texting age," but I swear, it's really, really rough sometimes. I've taken to just very very rarely signing into the PSN.

I don't mean to offend anyone but when I turn on my PS3 it's because I *finally* have time to get back to trying to complete the behemoth tasks the games of today have become. I have time to do this, so I don't want to have someone spam me with messages saying things like "Well if you don't value our friendship at all…" and such. I'm sorry. I just get pulled in a million directions at work and outside by family and friends and relationships and this and that (like everyone does) and I literally can see no sense in the only free time I get being caught up in silly messages from everyone under the sun. Am I alone in this??
---
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored
#106regsantotomasPosted 7/10/2011 5:51:21 PM
Insomnia helps. It would be tougher without it.
---
Fool of a Took! Throw yourself in next time, and rid us of your stupidity! - Gandalf the Grey
#107BIGGESTPS3FAN(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2011 6:52:56 PM
Utada posted...
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...
Utada posted...

College: And how is any of that time consuming unless you have big lines? Why are you goign to a Uni(from what it sounds like) for your assosciates/general education courses?

Work: k

Girlfriend: Then don't complain that you can't balance your time if you dedicate it all to your girlfriend.

College: That's the thing, the school part isn't the most time consuming thing ever (Though, I'm sure it will be once it actually starts up). Right now, school isn't a big thing for me, as it is summer, but it still does take awhile for me to sign up for classes and get everything situated, make sure I have everything I need, etc.

Girlfriend: Please point out where I am actually complaining that I can't balance them. If I see that I am struggling to balance something, I cut out the least important thing, which is gaming for me. But, I was merely wondering how everyone balances everything out in life.
---
I hate my username. Call me Appo
Even through a storm on the darkest night, don't you ever give up the fight. Even when you feel you're all alone, PLAY ON <3