This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this a good tv for the price?

#11mancow53Posted 7/11/2011 5:15:07 AM
treasurefan2 posted...
To the TC: I'd recommend holding off and saving an extra 100 dollars or so and picking up this TV instead:

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-VIERA-TC-P42ST30-42-Inch-Plasma/dp/B004M8SBPW/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1310342352&sr=1-2

This Panasonic is currently one of the best TV's on the market now.

ewwwww... plasma...
---
I have so many collections, the doctors told me that I couldnt collect people anymore, only their personalities and memories. So I have that going for me.
#12ViolaPhasePosted 7/11/2011 6:03:33 AM
The model that I posted is a 2011 model (which has built in programs that run automatically, preventing burn-in and has a filter to reduce glare). Plasma issues such as burn-in are no longer an issue (unless you buy a second hand plasma that was made more than 5 years ago or so). I used to own an LCD and have a Plasma currently, and I'm definitely liking the change. I've been playing games (no input lag!)/movies on this sucker and have had no issues.

Whichever TV you do decide on purchasing TC, I'd recommend picking it up on amazon, they're pricing/shipping/returning are second to none).
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Treasurefan02
#13CthulhuDagonPosted 7/11/2011 6:26:12 AM
Well the contrast ratio is: 200000:1
So that's not bad at all for an LCD.

LEDs will shoot it up to millions to 1.

The response time is 5ms, which is okay I guess. Though most good hdtvs seem to be 4 or lower. Mine is 2.3ms for example.

For the price though it's not bad at all. Only thing else is just seeing what else you can get with it at other places (like a bundled in hdmi/component/etc. kit), unless you're getting it there no matter what.

But I ordered mine through Butterfly Photo, which is located only in New Jersey, so I didn't have to pay sales tax where I am which knocked off a decent amount, plus I got free shipping and a kit with two hdmi cables, component cables, LCD cleaner, and an optical cable.

Maybe waiting for a Labor Day sale would be smart. I got mine on a Columbus Day sale (lol?).
---
White line is in the middle of the road, that's the worst place to drive.
#14archizzyPosted 7/11/2011 1:58:57 PM
CthulhuDagon posted...
Well the contrast ratio is: 200000:1
So that's not bad at all for an LCD.

LEDs will shoot it up to millions to 1.

The response time is 5ms, which is okay I guess. Though most good hdtvs seem to be 4 or lower. Mine is 2.3ms for example.

For the price though it's not bad at all. Only thing else is just seeing what else you can get with it at other places (like a bundled in hdmi/component/etc. kit), unless you're getting it there no matter what.

But I ordered mine through Butterfly Photo, which is located only in New Jersey, so I didn't have to pay sales tax where I am which knocked off a decent amount, plus I got free shipping and a kit with two hdmi cables, component cables, LCD cleaner, and an optical cable.

Maybe waiting for a Labor Day sale would be smart. I got mine on a Columbus Day sale (lol?).

Absolutely garbage meaningless numbers for the previous mentioned reasons.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#15morphinapgPosted 7/11/2011 2:08:44 PM
Yeah I believe those sets have passive 3d like theaters. While this saves on glasses, it reduces visual quality significantly in 3d mode.
---
I guarantee PS4 will be out by Spring 2013, if not earlier
#16TNK10Posted 7/11/2011 2:13:04 PM
As long as no input lag(especially if you play fighting games) then it seems like a good tv.
---
Technically Heihachi and Kaz had to have sex too to create Kaz and Jin. - VRX3000
Hehachi and Kaz had sex and made KazJin?! WTH?! -starrylily
#17supreme darPosted 7/11/2011 2:24:26 PM
mancow53 posted...
treasurefan2 posted...
To the TC: I'd recommend holding off and saving an extra 100 dollars or so and picking up this TV instead:

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-VIERA-TC-P42ST30-42-Inch-Plasma/dp/B004M8SBPW/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1310342352&sr=1-2

This Panasonic is currently one of the best TV's on the market now.

ewwwww... plasma...

lol, plasmas currently have the best picture quality on the market depending on the budget.
---
Using guides or walkthroughs is NOT cheating