This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

new vegas still freezing

#11cmdrdreddPosted 7/10/2011 8:58:35 PM
"It's bestheda... They only make games playable on the PC. Terrible at console games"

AHAHAHA I got a laugh out of that. Since the game came out there have been game breaking bugs on the PC that will never get fixed. They announced that they are not patching the game again/any more. There's bugs that cause the game to crash when you accept a quest, bugs that just randomly crash the game for no reason, issues where certain NPCs don't appear where they should so you are stuck with a game that cannot progress.

Yeah, They make good PC games? HAHA
---
"Do not be to eager to deal out death and judgment, for even the very wise cannot see all ends." -Gandalf
#12zyrax2301Posted 7/10/2011 9:17:19 PM
chrisat928 posted...
Vapemore420 posted...
Just for the hell of it, I picked up EVERYTHING and never dropped it. Overencumbered the entire game, until I got to my Lucky 38 hotel room, dropped over 3,000 pounds of crap into a container, and it locked up the game.

=o

WTF, you crept all the way from Goodsprings to Vegas? How long did that take??

Not surprised about the crash when you put it all in the container though, I always have a separate container for each item type to keep the numbers down. Come to think of it, opening your item menu in the PipBoy would've taken forever too...
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#13chrisat928Posted 7/10/2011 9:20:14 PM
I think my total time on that playthrough was 92 hours, and I didn't do 80% of the side quests.

Going into the menu took about a minute after I collected about 1,500 pounds.
---
PSN: chrisproto (teh-nook.com)
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional.
#14freakofnature30Posted 7/10/2011 9:29:05 PM(edited)
Well, apparently the freezing varies.

In the fifty hours I've put into it so far, I've only had it freeze once, whereas my Fallout 3 copy on my PC freezes or "encounters an error" at least once every three hours.

Oblivion on the PS3 rarely freezes for me, but my PC version, on the other hand, freezes constantly, but this is mostly due to the amount of mods I run and some incompatibilities. Fixable things.

While, yes, some of Bethesda's bigger projects (whether developing or just publishing) are buggy, they're still great games. I can look past some freezing and bugs to enjoy a great single player experience.

chrisat928 posted...
I've played a grand total of 300 hours over several characters, and I think I've had it freeze on me 4 or 5 times, and one of those was my fault.

Just for the hell of it, I picked up EVERYTHING and never dropped it. Overencumbered the entire game, until I got to my Lucky 38 hotel room, dropped over 3,000 pounds of crap into a container, and it locked up the game.

You should have just dropped it in the room itself. The experience would have been much more rewarding.

Duplicate like 300,000 watermelons in Oblivion (yes, I duplicated 300,000 watermelons) and watch them sprout.... and cripple your game. Rewarding and hurtful at the same time!
---
"I want you to fist pump like mother******* vikings!"- Myles Kennedy
PSN: freakofnature300
#15wigsplasherPosted 7/10/2011 9:37:42 PM
Since the most recent patches, I've had NO freezes so quit trolling. Not only did I do 3 playthroughs (including a hardcore one) but I also played through both DLC packs without a problem. Either you're lying / trolling or your PS3 is on its deathbed.
---
"Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line." - Finlandia