This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Prince of Persia?

#1Meteor5160Posted 7/10/2011 7:46:10 PM
I was thinking about getting a $50 PSN card because there's some stuff for ME2 and Killzone 3 that I want. I'll have a few spare dollars and I was thinking about getting one of the Prince of Persia games. I've never played Sands of Time or Warrior Within, but I've played and beaten The Two Thrones way back when and loved it... it's probably one of my favorite games ever. I was going to download it... but are the other two games worth playing?
---
If you don't like the Wii, don't buy one.
#2haloshaunPosted 7/10/2011 7:56:14 PM
I think TSOT is the best in the series. If you can play them on ps2 I would do that because the sound on the HD remakes seems to be messed up. The two thrones is also a good game btw but IMO the first game is the best.
#3Axel7174Posted 7/10/2011 7:56:41 PM
In my opinion you played the worst one in the original Sands of Time trilogy. I found both Sands of Time and Warrior Within to be much, much better games. I've played and beaten both at least a half dozen times each. I've only beaten Two Thrones twice. Just my opinion, but Two Thrones just didn't feel quite as fun to me as the others.

Sands of Time is the start of that trilogy and it does a lot of things well, widely acclaimed so it's worth checking out for sure.

A lot of people didn't like Warrior Within because it felt like a totally different Prince, the art style/settings and the soundtrack were all changed. Some people didn't like those changes. Warrior Within is my personal favorite though. If you don't mind how drastically different it seems, it's still a great game. Two possible endings and it can be fairly challenging at times.
---
"If you come here, you'll find me...I promise..." ~Squall Leonhart
"Tonight's the night we silence you, there's nowhere left to run." ~ADTR
#4Dark_SpiretPosted 7/10/2011 7:58:55 PM
might as well start with the first since its the start of the storyline then get WW after. WW gets a lot of crap for its style change, but personally i feel its mix of gameplay is the best in the series.
---
My PC screen shots-http://s402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/Darkspiret/
Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics - Infamous - Uncharted 3 Beta
#5BriankblPosted 7/10/2011 8:01:10 PM
Sands of Time, hands down!
---
"A game's worth is not measured by it's replay-value, nor it's length, but by the quality of the experience you had while playing."
#6akuma634Posted 7/10/2011 8:08:19 PM
I'd say Sands Of Time. That game had the best platforming, the best story, and the rewinding time feature was brilliant. It was the perfect way to make a 3D platformer work because you will f*** up so being able to rewind time a limited number of times before having to reload a checkpoint was a great idea. I didn't get into the two sequels since they were way too different. It went from bright, colorful, and a charming lead character to this dark, gritty, nu-metal infused hack and slash series. It was less about the great platforming and more about cutting people in half while Godsmack is playing. Sands had it's flaws like the combat wasn't great but the two sequels put platforming on the back burner for a more combat based style which turned some people off and got some people into this direction more.
---
http://avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/Metalyger/avatar-body.png
PSN - CustersRevenge
#7TheDarknessIIPosted 7/10/2011 8:14:26 PM
sands of time had crap combat but great story and great platforming.

warrior within had great combat but crap story and average platforming.

the two thrones was great all-around, but it wasn't as great as the best aspects of the first two games. this one was my favorite, by the way.

more importantly, no matter what game you get, the hd ports are a joke. they somehow managed to introduce new bugs. absolutely ridiculous.
#8midnightfraserPosted 7/10/2011 8:19:46 PM
Yeah, I agree with akuma634... Does every game need an M rating, an angry emo hero and buckets of blood. The first Prince game was charming and didn't take itself too seriously.
---
GameFAQs is not for everyone. Side effects may include euphoria, idiocy, and giant enemy crabs. Stop using GameFAQs if you have an erection lasting for 4 hours.
#9CacaPooPooPosted 7/10/2011 8:22:21 PM
The Sands of Time or PoP '08 even though it's pretty repetitive. I just LOVE the art style in that game and liked the story/characters a lot. The ending sucked though.. especially the Epilogues.
---
XBL - TheRealCorey / PSN - TheCorey / Steam - CacaPooPoo
#10Meteor5160(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2011 6:06:30 AM
I played the latest PoP game and hated it. It was too easy, it felt like I couldn't lose. I remember The Two Thrones being a pretty difficult game back in the day. After reading the HD remake's description on PSN, I remembered some of the horrors of that game like the cart scene or when you had to fight the two bosses at once, one with a sword and the other with an ax I think.

It sucks the HD remakes have some bugs. I need the PSN card, so if I bought them it would be there... guess I may wait.
---
If you don't like the Wii, don't buy one.