This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

RPG recomendations.

#1Nova666Posted 7/11/2011 12:51:58 PM
No PSone classics (or any PSN stuff since they don't sell PSN cards around here), and I already have FFXIII, about to get the platinum trophy.
---
Nova666 = 50% win, 50% awesome, 50% OMG
That is 150% right thar.
~ Action
#2zooknutPosted 7/11/2011 12:52:51 PM
here we go wit the nier and demons souls bombs..........
#3justchill433Posted 7/11/2011 12:56:50 PM
Valkyria Chronicles
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xiT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#4antoinejonesPosted 7/11/2011 1:00:27 PM
Nova666 posted...
No PSone classics (or any PSN stuff since they don't sell PSN cards around here), and I already have FFXIII, about to get the platinum trophy.

White Knight Chronicles 2 (out now in Europe, September in US) itcomes with part 1 on the disc as well so two games for one... the story isnt great at all but its at least entertining (unlike star ocean 4) the gameplay is like final fantasay 12..

But the main reason to get the game isnt the single player campaign, its for the (free) online... up to 6 players, has voice and text chat and if you plan to do everythings online andplatinum expect 500+ hours (took me 1126) the online is similar to phantasy star online/portable/universe and monster hunter.

single player on part 1 is extremely easy and take 20 hours while part 2 can actually be challenging and takes an additional 20 hours to beat.
---
My first time and day in Jueno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#5Anodyne11Posted 7/11/2011 1:05:09 PM
justchill433 posted...
Valkyria Chronicles

this
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#6antoinejonesPosted 7/11/2011 1:09:34 PM
Also if septemmer is too long of a wait you could get part 1 now as it wouldnt be a total waste of money since everything you do in part 1 (your character, youre guild rank, all the money/items/armor youre carrying) gettransfered over to part 2..

As part 2 is more of an expansion pack that finishes part 1s story with better/faster gameplay and better graphics (the part 1that comes with part 2 uses these updated enhancements as well) than a full blown sequel.

A lotta ppl on this board will hate on this game and thereviews arent that great.. buttheres a difference between "notgreat" and "terrible".. but keep in mind a lotta ppl on this board hate on FF13 and yet you liked it enough to go for plat.

Also a review is an individuals opinion and if you have a mind of your own youdknow that just because Person A B and C didnt like a game doesnt mean Person D wont.. Im sure if you like RPGs especially that there are a lotta games youve played and LIKED that didnt get 8/10 and higher review scores across the board
---
My first time and day in Jueno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#7archizzyPosted 7/11/2011 1:27:53 PM
Depends on your tastes of RPGs.

Oblivion GOTY addition is a great buy if you like the Elder Scroll games. It would take up a lot of time and be a good time killer waiting for Skyrim.

I personally thought the first Dragon Age was damn good, and you can get a GOTY addition of that as well.

I really enjoyed Eternal Sonata as well. Very colorful game. Then strategy wise Disgaea 3 is a great time killer and would be a nice warm up for Disgaea 4.

There are others as well but you will be overwhelmed with suggestions.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton