This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Atelier Rorona worth it?

#11SayoriaPosted 7/11/2011 6:06:37 PM
hedgylove posted...
Motsu posted...
By "loli fanservice", if you mean stripping and such a-la Ar Tonelico Qoga, there is none of that at all. Sure, the girls are cutesy looking, but there isn't any nudity or anything. Not in the least. The worst thing you might get is Astral's over-effection to Rorona, but that is just interest, no nudity or anything like that.

Yes, the game has an anime feel, but if you can appreciate games that tend to be more cuter than others, I definitely say to get it. I really enjoyed the game. It isn't really all for the battling as it is for the item synthesis though. Item making and fetch quests are the main things going on in Rorona. The game keeps you with things you can be doing, and more things unlock throughout the three years in the game.

Simple and short.... if the art style looks pleasing to you, you get get over the lesbian under and overtones here and there, and you can get over how the game is mainly an item making game, I say go for it. One of the most enjoyable games on the system to me.

Although I definitely appreciate not having any stripping scenes, by fanservice I mostly mean innuendo in dialogue and pictures (like those stillshots of Record of Agarest War that are very suggestive) that is very typical in anime and games inspired by anime. Cuteness is certainly not a problem, that's one of the reasons I love Patapon, but only if it's done right.

See, as far as the whole suggestive stuff goes.... there is one side scene if you raise someone's friendship level, that two girls get drunk in the local bar, and one of them kinda .... well, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6y8Uw2jMFg

This is probably the worst it gets.
#12hedgylove(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2011 6:22:36 PM
Motsu posted...

See, as far as the whole suggestive stuff goes.... there is one side scene if you raise someone's friendship level, that two girls get drunk in the local bar, and one of them kinda .... well, here:

That's exactly what I was talking about...too bad :(
I think I'll hold off for now, and if it gets a price drop I might come back to it. But thanks for being informative! It looks like a well-made game, just not one for me.
---
I'm a girl.
Currently playing: Portal 2, Patapon 2, Radiant Historia
#13AiuchiFanboiPosted 7/11/2011 8:12:52 PM
hedgylove posted...
Motsu posted...

That's exactly what I was talking about...too bad :(
I think I'll hold off for now, and if it gets a price drop I might come back to it. But thanks for being informative! It looks like a well-made game, just not one for me.

Well its price dropped at Best Buy to $31. I have yet to play it, but Im sure I'll dig it. Cutesy futesy loli stuff doesnt bother me or my wife.
---
SEGA DREAMCAST, it only does everything.
#14NeatNatePosted 7/11/2011 8:15:11 PM
Anime and fanservice aside-- it's still just not a very good game, lol.
---
Nate.
Oh no! The Animal Parade has run loose again! Green Lanterns, away!