This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EA Server Shutdown Notifications

#41IvanKozlovPosted 7/12/2011 3:49:07 PM

Its actually two years.

I wasn't counting to the day sir... Can you find any indication that I was?
---
If there's two things I hate in this world, it's cockroaches and crying babies! Well, a crying baby cockroach would be truly terrible... So don't you dare cry!
#42Devilman_AmonPosted 7/12/2011 3:53:06 PM
those were the days i guess.

Archie Bunker Online is still on
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#43Starbucks_FanPosted 7/12/2011 4:07:45 PM
Wow did anyone know that the Bad Company 1 servers are STILL up?! Holy crap it came out in 2008!
---
Currently Playing- DJ Hero 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Gran Turismo 5, Zelda Spirit Tracks, Assassin's Creed 2
#44lipnox88Posted 7/12/2011 4:29:47 PM
I wonder if EA realizes that doing these types of things lead to less and less people buying your products. Online pass $10, new game $70, "Online services" only guaranteed for first month of game release, afterwards we will release a new version with the only difference being the cover, and that it charges another $10 online pass and another $70 for the game.
---
PSN: Lipnox Games: KZ3, UC2, LPB2, RDR, Re5, Sega Racing, Dungeon Hunter, Warhawk, Modern combat, Fat princess. Upcoming: Duke Nukem, UC3Beta. Feel free to add
#45shnoob2Posted 7/12/2011 4:40:55 PM
Now, this is coming from a six year ongoing member of Xbox LIVE (prone to cancel), so hear me out, but why is Xbox LIVE worth paying for again when things like this happen?

Xbox LIVE still has to contend with online passes, closing down servers from EA games, and on top of that has a pretty hefty fee (in comparison to the competition) to even access online play.

I mean, am I the only one that notices how much LIVE is degrading?
---
"GET OFF MY PLANE!"- Han Solo in Airforce One
DLC and Online Passes = the downfall of video games.
#46dfbstr6dikjxrhtPosted 7/12/2011 5:35:07 PM
Still hilarious that people defend EA and say we should "support" this crime-like activity.
#47osboesPosted 7/12/2011 5:47:11 PM
Soljah posted...

MonsterHunter servers were up for a good 6 years IIRC. might be even longer. Great game,

The original for PS2? Is that the one you mean? I really liked that. The community was still going strong before it was closed down. Around 500 active members was also pretty good for a PS2 game when I think about it.
#48spacejamjordanzPosted 7/12/2011 6:00:16 PM
Not surprising at all. Another round of sports game shutdowns. If you actually play them online, then chances are you probably have upgraded to the latest installment.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#49spacejamjordanzPosted 7/12/2011 6:03:38 PM
dfbstr6dikjxrht posted...
Still hilarious that people defend EA and say we should "support" this crime-like activity.

Can you tell me exactly what about shutting down servers is "crime-like"?
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>