This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think games should be installable so you can play without the disc

#1M1AstrayPosted 7/12/2011 3:21:24 AM
It's totally doable frankly, all Sony would have to do is make it so that you can only play digital copies while signed in and the system requires the disc once a week or else it locks you out of the digital copy, I'd love this feature, anybody else think it'd be nice?
---
Currently Playing: Pokemon White (DS)
Playing next: Okami (PS2)
#2darkshadowmasterPosted 7/12/2011 3:26:53 AM
Will never happen. I can already see the account sharing nightmares with people all rotating discs so they could pretty much get a game free.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#3Rarehunter_idolPosted 7/12/2011 3:27:47 AM
Won't happen unless consoles decide to go all CD-Key on us.
---
This Body Holding Me Reminds Me Of My Own Mortality. Embrace This Moment, Remember; We Are Eternal, All This Pain Is An illusion...
#4desert_santaPosted 7/12/2011 3:28:17 AM
When you say signed in, you mean you want us all to be online in order to play every single game?
#5cincyguitarheroPosted 7/12/2011 3:30:52 AM
That's already happening. Say hello to digital downloads of retail games!

/sarcasm
---
PROUD SoFA Metalhead, rager, and teabagger. OPEN WIDE!
What would YOU do with a plane ticket? Nothing, obviously.
#6IBringItPosted 7/12/2011 4:43:49 AM
That would pretty much be the end of things if you could do a full install on every game. People complain developers are nickel and diming us now? lmao Take a wild guess what would happen if full installs were always available without some sort of "locking".
---
We The People
PSN: IconGrist
#7PrinceVege101Posted 7/12/2011 4:50:23 AM
Not gonna happen. Not when you've got 4GB 360s and 20GB PS3s floating around.
---
Andraste's dimpled butt cheeks!
#8TheRavenKC123Posted 7/12/2011 4:57:15 AM
That would kill rental companies. If you could copy discs to your 360 or PS3, my 500gb hard drive would be full in no time.
---
http://youtube.com/user/TheRavenKC
BioWare and Bethesda rule!
#9M1Astray(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2011 5:23:01 AM
Did people not read my post where I specifically said you'd need to be logged onto PSN to use a digital copy and that you'd need to insert the disc once a week otherwise it locks (or deletes) the game?
---
Currently Playing: Pokemon White (DS)
Playing next: Okami (PS2)
#10BigAl519Posted 7/12/2011 5:28:15 AM
I guess people must be new to this idea also. 360 has been using it for a while now. All you need to play the game is the disk in the system to start the game. After that its played from the HDD. Honestly I wish Sony would do this because it cuts the load times on games and keeps will give the blu ray drive a longer life since it wont be running constantly.