This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Think costumes on games should be free?

#1KaliestoPosted 7/12/2011 4:34:11 AM
Honestly it's the only DLC type I felt is a rip-off. Let me explain this, it didn't bother me at first when they just nickel and dime you for it, but I can tell the devs are pushing the price for them very slowly into the dollar range.
---
---
I screeched at it for several minutes, and then THE GAME finally went crazy and burned itself...
#2daveliciousPosted 7/12/2011 4:35:21 AM
Personally... I think costumes should be rewards for gameplay achievements or purchases with in-game currency.
---
PSN: Davelicious GT: Davelicious46
NEW SETUP: http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/Davelicious406/DSC02294.jpg
#3darkstriker00Posted 7/12/2011 4:43:46 AM
davelicious posted...
Personally... I think costumes should be rewards for gameplay achievements or purchases with in-game currency.

Just like characters, secret areas, ultimate weapons, etc.
---
PSN-darkstriker00
#4Stefa777Posted 7/12/2011 4:45:16 AM
Absolutely.
Stuff like that used to be rewards for ingame feats and such, now unlockable things seem to have turned into a moneymaker.
---
"Every problem a grain of sand, every night I inherit the desert."
#5doraemonllh1989Posted 7/12/2011 4:48:45 AM
remember last time,when we complete the game or solve some secret we can unlock costume?i dont think we have much of this now,just look at infamous 2,games like this should have alternative costume in game
---
AMD phenomx4 9650| 9800gt 1 gig ddr3 | Corsair TwinX 2 gig ram ddr2 800mhz | ASUS M2N-E
#6Kaliesto(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2011 7:39:38 AM
Well the reason I said it like this because I wanted to avoid a flame war with people that think I'm not being fair to devs for not buying their stuff.
---
---
I screeched at it for several minutes, and then THE GAME finally went crazy and burned itself...
#7DesperateMonkeyPosted 7/12/2011 8:02:27 AM
Well games that use to be able to unlock costumes were games like fighting games. Most games didn't have costumes before, including Street Fighter. Now even TPS games like Dead Space have costumes.

I still think they should be free but so far, I haven't seen anything from last gen that is being charged for now. Maybe a few games are exceptions but not any notable ones. For the most part, the potential to sell costumes have put costumes into a lot more games than previous generations.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#8nclrwntrPosted 7/12/2011 8:06:10 AM
I don't think it should be free and I think it SHOULD be paid for. Reason being, costumes are only cosmetic changes. It doesn't change the gameplay in any way. Therefore, if people want to change the look of their character, they shouldn't have any problems with paying a dollar or two to do so.
#9Grizzle1981Posted 7/12/2011 8:07:45 AM
Little Big Planet
Modnation Racer
Batman Arkham Asylum
Mortal Kombat
Alice: Madness Returns

These all have free costumes ... they also give you the option of purchasing some unique ones too.
---
"It is never acceptable to say that a game sucks - ever." ~Xbox (mod)
You heard 'em. Only positive comments on Gamefaqs or you'll get moderated.
#10TerotrousPosted 7/12/2011 8:08:18 AM
Yes, unless the entire game is free, in which case charging for "prestige items" like some MMOs do is somewhat tolerable.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES DuckTales"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery