This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kane & Lnych Good Or Bad

#1MDP85Posted 7/12/2011 6:32:48 AM
I wanna know if the reviews are true about this game cause there are tons of games that receive heat so is this a Deal Or Dud
---
Fear Is A Great Motivator
#2FocianPosted 7/12/2011 6:33:37 AM
Deal or Dud?

Somewhere between. I liked it as a cheap little Co-op game, but not too much more than that.
---
GT/PSN: Focian-
People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. Chaos is born from loving things, and using people.
#3AenemanPosted 7/12/2011 6:33:53 AM
Bad. Dud. Negative.
---
Opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced.
#4Rarehunter_idolPosted 7/12/2011 6:45:11 AM
Dead Men (the first one) isn't bad, but it's not great either. It plays decently, perhaps controls a little oddly, and some of the later levels are exercises in frustration, but it's still quite fun and tells an interesting story.

Dog Days is really hit or miss for most. I had an absolute blast with it. It's only about four hours long, no replay value unless you wanna play again, but it's a nonstop intense third-person shooter. It doesn't let up. The aiming has a bit of a learning curve, and the shaky camera upsets some people (though i believe this can be toned down or turned off), but overall it's quite enjoyable.

Now, the best part about both games are the characters themselves. Kane & Lynch are really interesting guys, they're not good guys and do plenty of terrible things. It's really a series about these broken, messed up guys who get themselves into some serious and screwed up ****.
---
This Body Holding Me Reminds Me Of My Own Mortality. Embrace This Moment, Remember; We Are Eternal, All This Pain Is An illusion...
#5Azuma_NarooNPosted 7/12/2011 7:05:17 AM
Dead Men was awesome, but the last few levels were ****ing stupid. Great story, great characters, great atmosphere, great music (Jesper Kyd FTW), but questionable controls.

Dog Days was okay, but disappointing. The super abrupt cliffhanger ending left me like "O.o...". The co-op is decent from what I heard, though I didn't try it. The characters and story were still great though.
---
http://www.ikd-sj.com | All is the opus of ikd-sj
http://www.thecreatorof.net | Nothing ahead on this way
#6nnndddnnndddPosted 7/12/2011 8:08:06 AM(edited)
cant say either, but the game IS trite and mindless, -which is generally regraded as not good... but not-good can be enjoyed i guess.

---
"how your momma raise you!? " http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKdd02wKgmM
#7undeadeathPosted 7/12/2011 8:32:42 AM
rarehunter_idol posted...
Dead Men (the first one) isn't bad, but it's not great either. It plays decently, perhaps controls a little oddly, and some of the later levels are exercises in frustration, but it's still quite fun and tells an interesting story.

Dog Days is really hit or miss for most. I had an absolute blast with it. It's only about four hours long, no replay value unless you wanna play again, but it's a nonstop intense third-person shooter. It doesn't let up. The aiming has a bit of a learning curve, and the shaky camera upsets some people (though i believe this can be toned down or turned off), but overall it's quite enjoyable.

Now, the best part about both games are the characters themselves. Kane & Lynch are really interesting guys, they're not good guys and do plenty of terrible things. It's really a series about these broken, messed up guys who get themselves into some serious and screwed up ****.

This poster summarizes the series perfectly.
---
War. War never changes.
#8Justice98405Posted 7/12/2011 8:35:56 AM
Anyone know for sure if the shaky cam can be stopped totally in Dog Days?
I'd like to get the game, since I've played the first one, and like the two characters, but that shaky cam REALLY drives me crazy, and gives me mad headaches, from the demo, so there's no way I'm getting the sequel if I can't stop that.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#9Dark_SpiretPosted 7/12/2011 9:10:05 AM
the 2nd one is pretty dull other than its style. the first has its moments tho. Id recommend the first one assuming can find it cheap.
---
My PC screen shots-http://s402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/Darkspiret/
Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics - Infamous - Uncharted 3 Beta
#10LikeTheSaltPosted 7/12/2011 9:21:34 AM
Only played the first one. It's just a mediocre shooter. I like the characters alot and the story was pretty cool, but the gameplay was kinda weak.