This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EA Trolls Modern Warfare 3

#21darkshadowmasterPosted 7/12/2011 7:00:52 AM
L0Z posted...
Drakengard002 posted...

And then you consider that EA will never run deals like Valve does meaning BF3 will be expensive for a long time to come...

ea secretly runs deals all the time, only they last for only a few hours and you need a code to get them
http://www.facebook.com/EAInsiderDeals

While cool that sucks for me since I don't stalk FB :\
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#22kcheung5440Posted 7/12/2011 7:06:25 AM
Cybersquatting is illegal, right?
---
Could I have some salamanders, please?
#23Hollow_GeassPosted 7/12/2011 7:12:49 AM
davelicious posted...
darkshadowmaster posted...
That's probably the reason he bought it though. Not for the purpose of trolling them, but hoping that they bought that site from him. IIRC someone did that & got big bucks from a company buying a site from them.

ahh... maybe that's the heart of the matter then. This guy was hoping to get rich and maybe Activision just didn't care to pay him for the domain... So this is the petty revenge?

This has happened with loads of websites. But what I dnt get is, Activision has used the same site for COD games for years. Why would they care about this?
---
PSN: Striker-R2 / GT: My Sugar is Low
Games I'm Waiting For (7/8/11): Bleach: SR, Disgaea 4, Catherine, & Totori
#24L0ZPosted 7/12/2011 7:14:59 AM(edited)
wikipedia seems to lean towards it being legal until ea tries to resell the domain name back to activision at an inflated price
#25Mario_BonesPosted 7/12/2011 7:19:26 AM
The guy probably bought the domain ages ago, and turned it into a BF3 ad to make Activision more desperate to get the domain back and thus pay more
---
Not changing this signature until an Ace Attorney character is playable in a Capcom Vs. Game. Started 22nd July 2010
Official Steel Samurai of the MvC3 board
#26kingofjamaicaPosted 7/12/2011 8:23:28 AM
davelicious posted...
according to IGN... the site is run by an independent fan of the series... nobody associated with EA.

No, it was run by EA. The site got taken down. Now if you try going to it you get 500'd on EA's website.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.