This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats the replay value in Earth Defence Force?

#1MMAKSXPosted 7/12/2011 9:27:15 AM
And does the game track your stats?
#2Pest2020Posted 7/12/2011 9:30:49 AM
I dunno about stat tracking but its all my roommates been playing since it came out, so that's gotta say something. The first game was god awful in my opinion, and having 99 weapons and hundreds of missions couldn't save it for me, despite the fact that blowing up buildings was fun for a bit.

From what I hear they've solved most of the issues i had with the first game and tripled the amount of weapons in the game. If "kill everything in this area" type games are fun to you, then this one has enough content to last you a LONG time. And coop!
#3MMAKSX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2011 10:50:56 AM
bump
#4kuterPosted 7/12/2011 10:52:35 AM
If you ever played Crystal defender, it's the same thing...You gotta build defense and just keep on going
#5true_gamer80Posted 7/12/2011 11:00:01 AM
yes theres stat tracking for just about everything you do.

The replay value comes in the form of grinding...grinding...and grinding. If your not a fan of grinding, the game replay value is shot dead.

The games really about grinding the levels to upgrade your character and unlock the hundreds of weapons.

I love the game but if your not a fan of the basic but extremely fun gameplay and the massive amount of grinding there wont be much lasting appeal
---
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?
#6MMAKSX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2011 11:05:30 AM
true_gamer80 posted...
yes theres stat tracking for just about everything you do.

The replay value comes in the form of grinding...grinding...and grinding. If your not a fan of grinding, the game replay value is shot dead.

The games really about grinding the levels to upgrade your character and unlock the hundreds of weapons.

I love the game but if your not a fan of the basic but extremely fun gameplay and the massive amount of grinding there wont be much lasting appeal

Only thing that worries me is the enviorments, apparently its only set in detroit while the last one had many areas.
#7MMAKSX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2011 2:12:10 PM
anyone else?
#8ReDDevil2112Posted 7/12/2011 2:21:25 PM
It's true, it's all set in New Detroit (which is not detroit as we know it, its a new city), but the map is different for every mission and takes place in a different part of the city, so you never fight in the same street twice. Fighting in the city is fun because you can destroy buildings and stuff. The non-city levels in the past EDF werent exactly my favorite. And there's a lot of weapons to unlock. The game is short, but its fun to level up all the different armors, and it takes quite awhile to do so.
---
Seven minutes. Seven minutes is all I can spare to play with you.
#9MMAKSX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2011 2:22:44 PM
Thanks I might just check it out, looks like mindless fun lol