This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did they fix Duke Nukem online yet?

#1the_ENEMY_Posted 7/12/2011 11:16:47 AM
I bought this game, but havent opened it. I used to love duke 3D and Duke 64 for the deathmatches (dukematch)

the single player isnt that important, i buy single player games for under 20.
---
PSN: the_ENEMY_
Playing online: Brink, Socom4, MortalKombat, TwoWorlds2, COD:BO, Motorstorm:Apoc, Modnation, MOH, Bulletstorm, Homefront, Crysis2, DeadSpace2
#2daveliciousPosted 7/12/2011 11:17:48 AM
what was supposedly broken about it?
---
PSN: Davelicious GT: Davelicious46
NEW SETUP: http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/Davelicious406/DSC02294.jpg
#3the_ENEMY_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2011 11:21:03 AM
i heard lagging, freezing, difficult to join rooms.
---
Playing online: Brink, Socom4, MortalKombat, TwoWorlds2, COD:BO, Motorstorm:Apoc, Modnation, MOH, Bulletstorm, Homefront, Crysis2, DeadSpace2
#4daveliciousPosted 7/12/2011 11:24:24 AM
I would assume it's not going to get a patch...

Sales were low... and the motivation for acquiring the license for the DN franchise was NOT for duke nukem forever... but just to have the franchise to be able to take it in their direction...

finishing and releasing dn forever was just a stipulation of acquiring the franchise... Don't expect them to support the game much past what they've already done... I'm fairly certain they've moved on to working on what they really intend to do with the DN franchise.
---
PSN: Davelicious GT: Davelicious46
NEW SETUP: http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/Davelicious406/DSC02294.jpg
#5AssaultMonkey9Posted 7/12/2011 11:25:08 AM
the_ENEMY_ posted...

Sigh. So freaking embarassing. These kids are whats killing gaming today.

Oh Fallout 3 has literally 100 hours of amazing gameplay? NO COOP WTF!!???? Lame.

*Goes back to COD*
---
Now Playing: Portal 2, Killzone 3, Crysis 2, NBA 2K11, Dragon Age
PSN: AssaultMonkey150
#6TheCyborgNinjaPosted 7/12/2011 11:26:44 AM
Battlefield 2005 posted...
the_ENEMY_ posted...

Sigh. So freaking embarassing. These kids are whats killing gaming today.

Oh Fallout 3 has literally 100 hours of amazing gameplay? NO COOP WTF!!???? Lame.

*Goes back to COD*

Agreed. Now Mass Effect 3 is tainted with the corruption of multiplayer. I dread to think what resources they wasted for that.
---
Captain Anderson also has his picture on his desk. Kaidan is such a slut. - khrulez
#7AssaultMonkey9Posted 7/12/2011 11:32:23 AM
The Cyborg Ninja posted...

Agreed. Now Mass Effect 3 is tainted with the corruption of multiplayer. I dread to think what resources they wasted for that.

Mass Effect is a phenomenal franchise, one whose story and atmosphere outshine the actual game part of it. At this point, I'm just glad it did well enough to get an epic conclusion in ME3. The idea of deathmatch in the ME universe is great, but it makes as much sense as when Metroid Prime 2 got deathmatch...

Indeed, I worry that its just going to hurt the game by wasting manpower making a throwaway MP offering, as if fans wont invest in the conclusion of an amazing trilogy because it doesnt have online....
---
#8the_ENEMY_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2011 11:33:28 AM
sorry i dont pay full price for single player games... they drop fast.

i paid 20 for fallout 3, and played NV for free. got platinums for both. enjoyed the games, but thought they were lacking compared to fallout 1 and 2. the atmosphere wasnt in the same spirit.

its not that i dont like single player games, but if im going to sink some money into a game i want to get more play out of it. if you don't like multiplayer thats fine, you arent competitive. what do i care?
---
#9AssaultMonkey9Posted 7/12/2011 11:35:52 AM
It's one thing not to pay full price, thats smart, but waiting until it hits the dollar bin? Just dumb

Why don't you support game companies investing millions to deliver amazing experiences, and stop wasting throwing your money to whatever crap shooter is supposed to be "the next Halo/COD"
---
#10the_ENEMY_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2011 11:52:19 AM
support game companies. lol.

i support myself. im out for myself and those i personally care about.

this off topic ranting you people are doing about your hatred for multiplayer is weak. i duke nukem came out before halo and cod, so that point isnt valid either.

who cares if i don't pay extra to support a game company that makes a game im going to play once and then trade it in? its my choice.

can anyone contribute anything toward the topic title please? damn...
---