This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

for those who borrow games from friends, family, etc.

#1ipwnu713Posted 7/12/2011 12:44:13 PM
how many of you have gone out and bought a game after borrowing it?

i've borrowed MGS4 from my friend, beat it, let my brother beat it, then gave it back to him and went out and bought the game new myself. same for Fallout 3, Resistance series, and Soul Calibur IV.

people keep saying anyone that borrows games is poor/cheap/doesn't support devs, but borrowing can get devs sales that they never would've had. anyone agree?
---
"We're American. We don't quit when we're wrong. We just keep doing the wrong thing 'til it's right."
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheyKilledKenny2011
#2darkshadowmasterPosted 7/12/2011 12:46:32 PM
I have.

Neir
MAG
& various ps2 & xbox games
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#3arstosPosted 7/12/2011 1:02:26 PM(edited)
many many times. after checking out dirt 3 from the library recently i've decided i must pick up a copy. before that, borrowing rdr from my brother in law made me decide to go buy it, now i just need to pick up undead nightmare.
---
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; SSFIITHDR, MVC2, AH3, Hard Corps, Moon Diver, X-Men Arcade, Castle Crashers. feel free to add me.
#4rad_ad88Posted 7/12/2011 1:11:21 PM
I think that anyone who argues boohoo you hurt the developer by borrowing a game to try it out needs to come to terms with the fact that if i borrow a game, make myself beat it and have no desire to replay it then the game was probably lacking in some major aspects

My property my rights to loan it to anyone i see fit, i can understand the gamestop arguement to some extent mainly because i think it is kinda cheap the way they can do nothing but overprice a bunch of used games and make millions

I'm all about supporting the devs within reason, b ut sometimes when i hear people argueing it you would think every video game dev in the world is starving and homeless.
#5InkontrolPosted 7/12/2011 1:16:03 PM
MGS4 and Uncharted 1. Borrowed each from a different friend and beat them and then saw them on sale on BF and snatched them both.
---
https://twitter.com/Inkontrol2 - my media twitter (movies, tv shows, music, gaming)
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=inkontrol
#6rad_ad88Posted 7/12/2011 1:17:15 PM
sorry for getting off topic, but i've bought multiple games after borrowing, not as many this gen because i didn't know many people with a ps3 therefore haven't borrowed as many

btw I do buy most of my games new though i'm not above picking some used ones up when something catches my eye i some older games are hard to find new(i don't do mucjh shopping online
#7RevolutionVPosted 7/12/2011 3:24:42 PM
I have Killzone 2, then I bought it and KZ3 when it came out. Same thing with Uncharted 1 and 2. My friends borrowed Heavy Rain from me and they ended up buying a copy each. So word of mouth is very important imo. Obviously don't over do it as the nier people have been doing lately, it's just annoying and it makes me not want to try that game now.