This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D this statement about Western made video games

#31Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 1:35:53 PM
Just a random poster on another forum. His comment intrigued me so I decided to make a topic about it and discuss it among my friends here
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#32SragentThomPosted 7/13/2011 1:57:19 PM(edited)
"Especially with the PS3's Blu Ray capacity...."

ITT: Graphics power = disc space.

"Isn't Winnie the Pooh 2011 movie in 2D? Why not make it 3D like every other Hollywood cartoon movie coming out now?"

What about CGI? Nearly every medium-high budget film have CGI.
---
Halo fans are like the Zerg. They'll attack in infinite numbers, and will attack anything that is not their own kind.
"Sherardy"
#33Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 6:50:35 PM
^^^ Thats my point. Winnie the Pooh didn't need to be 2D they coulda just went with the norm nowadays playedit safe and made it CGI

Also I wasn't talking about graphical power with 2D and the blu-ray. I was talking about disc space since if one were to use a tremendous amount 2D frames it would take up a lot of space.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#34spectermaster14Posted 7/13/2011 6:58:53 PM
Deny, if only because I've played quite a few great 2D games developed by western studios, and there are more than a few coming up that look great.
#35SieKensouPosted 7/13/2011 8:35:21 PM
SF4 is actually a 2D game with 3D models.....

i can't tell you if it is 2D or 3D collision detection though, i don't have extensive experience with it
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462