This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Support for WNT for FIFA 12

#1svenbjornPosted 7/12/2011 3:26:44 PM
I'm curious with the buzz that has generated with the Women's World Cup this year what EA's thoughts are on adding content to upcoming releases of FIFA (via DLC or disc) that would include Women's National Teams?

I, for one, would download the extra content. If not just to feel what its like to be a hot lady for 90+ minutes. Uhh...I mean....
---
PSN & XBL: svenbjorn
#2Darth RustitoPosted 7/12/2011 3:28:44 PM(edited)
I wouldn't mind seeing the women's teams added this year, or as DLC. I can get behind watching digital Hope Solo, Megan Rapinoe, Marta, etcetera. Much as I'd like to get behind them in real life.
---
Be safe at night--sleep with a cop.
#3arclouks_xPosted 7/12/2011 3:29:12 PM
me as a huge soccer fan i dont care about women soccer it just sucks
---
PSN : arclouksx
#4svenbjorn(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2011 3:32:06 PM
arclouks_x posted...

So perpetual diving and complaining is what makes the sport beautiful? Yeah, keep watching the Men's leagues....

Obviously the skill and athleticism is different between genders. But the women play it like they mean it. And did you forget the hotness factor?
---
#5Shy420Posted 7/12/2011 3:32:39 PM
The only reason Womens World Cup has hype this year is because the US beat Brazil, and it's not even the finals. I think it would be a smarter idea to include the U-20 world cup. I'm just not a fan of womens sports unless it's fast pitch softball.
---
"Things aren't different. Things are just things." -Wintermute
#6svenbjorn(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2011 3:36:16 PM
Shy420 posted...
The only reason Womens World Cup has hype this year is because the US beat Brazil, and it's not even the finals. I think it would be a smarter idea to include the U-20 world cup. I'm just not a fan of womens sports unless it's fast pitch softball.

Surely this is the truth, but what does it matter what creates the hype? It's still a very viable sport alternative to Men's soccer. Does the Men's World Cup have no purpose until the Final? And women's soccer hasn't had any representation since Mia Hamm's N64 game, to my memory. And that was a stinker.
---
#7Shy420Posted 7/12/2011 3:36:22 PM
svenbjorn posted...
arclouks_x posted...

So perpetual diving and complaining is what makes the sport beautiful? Yeah, keep watching the Men's leagues....

Obviously the skill and athleticism is different between genders. But the women play it like they mean it. And did you forget the hotness factor?

You act like men play for the hell of it and mean nothing.

Perpetual diving, have you watched a game since the World Cup. Sure there's diving but what the hell man. They still play a better looking game than the women. Women's soccer looks like high school sports compared to the men.

I personally don't need to see hot women to enjoy a good match regardless of league.
---
"Things aren't different. Things are just things." -Wintermute
#8svenbjorn(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2011 3:45:34 PM
Shy420 posted
You act like men play for the hell of it and mean nothing.

Perpetual diving, have you watched a game since the World Cup. Sure there's diving but what the hell man. They still play a better looking game than the women. Women's soccer looks like high school sports compared to the men.

I personally don't need to see hot women to enjoy a good match regardless of league.

Statistically, men fake injuries in soccer more than women by nearly twice the amount.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/health/la-heb-women-soccer-injuries-07072011,0,2322563.story

I get the skill, I get the athleticism. And I watch plenty of soccer to know the differences in skill between sexes.

But you contradict yourself by your "men play for nothing" outrage and then dismiss women's soccer.

For example, I also follow hockey from Junior A to NHL. Junior A obviously is a lower-skill/speed game - but why does that make it un-enjoyable or discounted? They play with as much heart as anyone.
---
#9GunmaN1905Posted 7/12/2011 3:51:44 PM
arclouks_x posted...
You can't be a huge fan and still call it soccer.
---
PSN: GunmaN1905
#10vericcoPosted 7/12/2011 3:56:43 PM
^LOL'd hard good comeback

everyone knows its football end of. The only reasons americans call it soccer (i presume) is because the already use the term "football" for american football and do not want to get it confused.
---
PSN: vericco:
Not changing this sig until Tottenham Hotspurs win the premier league.