This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Joystiq: Resistance 3 is "spectacular"

#1PhaseBlackPosted 7/13/2011 9:20:30 AM(edited)
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/13/resistance-3-preview-hurry-down-doomsday/

"It's not that I hated the previous games in the series, they're fine for what they are, but my curiosity about what's next for the franchise was frankly dwarfed by my desire to pass work off onto other people. I didn't have any luck, and what a lucky break that was for me, because Resistance 3 -- at least for the three hours I spent with it -- is spectacular."

My hype for Resistance 3 just went way up. And it's cool that the person doing the preview and being so impressed by Resistance 3 admits in there own words that they thought the firs Resistance games were "meh" haha. Maybe this will be the game that turns people who dislike Resistance into fans
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2RollingCradlePosted 7/13/2011 9:19:13 AM
Money talks.
#3bigali3nPosted 7/13/2011 9:21:11 AM
I hope theyre right. So much unmet potential in this series.
#4PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 9:25:44 AM
RollingCradle posted...
Money talks.

Is there anything PS3 related that you don't hate on or are not intentionally pessimistic about Cradle? Seriously
---
PSVita & 3DS
#5RollingCradlePosted 7/13/2011 9:29:18 AM
PSN Pass.
#6usernamestuffPosted 7/13/2011 9:30:33 AM
Health packs and multiple weapons automatically makes it better than most FPSs.

That isn't saying much though, and R2 was a huge letdown so I'm being cautiously optimistic.
---
Number of times suspended for equating NBA players to criminals: 1
#7PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 9:34:51 AM
RollingCradle posted...
PSN Pass.

Your agenda is obvious, but nice to know you spend so much of your time on this board to see what you can hate on or downplay any chance you get ;)
---
PSVita & 3DS
#8SoaringDivePosted 7/13/2011 9:38:32 AM
"Spectacular" in this case means "so much changed into what I (article writer) enjoy more. It's really a different game completely, and fans of the last games will be like "why they change this?" "

Most likely, atleast.
---
Your entire life has been a mathematical error. A mathematical error I'm about to correct.
#9PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 9:41:13 AM
SoaringDive posted...
"Spectacular" in this case means "so much changed into what I (article writer) enjoy more. It's really a different game completely, and fans of the last games will be like "why they change this?" "

Most likely, atleast.

What? The changes they made were making the game more like Resistance: Fall of Man, which the fans asked for
---
PSVita & 3DS
#10Number1SurvivorPosted 7/13/2011 9:42:42 AM
As long as its better than Resistance 2, I'll probably end up buying it.

Then again, watching paint dry while having a brick slammed against your head would be better than Resistance 2.
---
metalgearmercenaries.blogspot.com
[This signature can only be unlocked by purchasing our $9.99 DLC Pack] - Activison