This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thoughts on Prototype 2

#1zyrax2301Posted 7/13/2011 4:29:54 PM
I can't get excited about this game, knowing that we're going to be playing some random NPC who could just as easily have been turned into mush by Alex in the last game.

Aside from that, while I know that the gameplay is going to be more dynamic, faster, more strategic and overall "better", I can't help thinking it's going to feel cheap and overdone.

How do you think the sequel is going to turn out? I really regret selling Prototype, it was the best "jump in and cause mass carnage" sandbox game I've ever played T_T
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#2LagiacrusaderPosted 7/13/2011 4:35:59 PM
I've only played the first Prototype for an hour (thank you, PS+), and I have not heard any news on Prototype 2, so I'm not interested. I did like the combat a bit in the first one, but the story did not captivate me and the environment was lackluster for a sandbox.
---
PSN ID: Beurre101 - feel free to add me!
Currently Playing: DC Universe Online, Fallout New Vegas
#3Worker_8_Posted 7/13/2011 4:40:51 PM
Loved the first game, will probably get this one. The last boss fight was a pain in the ass, though. It wasn't hard to not die, but the time limit was kind of constraining. I had all the upgrades, and I still only beat him with 3 seconds left by using that tentacle beam attack.
#4TRIAZlCPosted 7/13/2011 4:42:03 PM
Looks exactly the same as the first one to me... I really liked the first one (got platinum), but I'm not too keen on the idea of a Prototype 1.01
---
www.myspace.com/thecloserofficial - my band, check us out. (I play drums)
PSN= Triazic
#5zyrax2301(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 4:43:30 PM
Yeah, bosses didn't work out so well in Prototype. Throw stuff at them and use special moves.

However, taking on the military and lolhumans was great fun.

I think I will probably buy this game just to get that feeling of ultimate domination, but it's going to be hard knowing Alex is the antagonist this time around >_>

I want to play as him, not this Heller jerk.
---
#6GoatJugSoupPosted 7/13/2011 4:52:36 PM
I enjoyed prototype 1 as well once I got over the spiderman-y feel the game had. Also as to prototype 2, I'm actually quite excited to be playing a new character.

If we kept playing as Alex Mercer who was pretty much unkillable by the end of the game any enemies he faced afterwards would have to be even more ridiculously overpowered to be a believable threat. If that enemy was just some random douche the story conveniently introduced then that would suck but getting to play as that person, build up their power and make them this threat to Alex Mercer seems a much more awesome way to do it.
---
http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=Goatjugsoup1278
Want more soup? View quote for more info
#7Tweekster13Posted 7/13/2011 4:55:37 PM
Personally, I'm excited. I enjoyed the first with the Hulk: UD feel, and running arounf causing mass destruction, even if it got repetitive, so I'd like to see the next. First day buy? Probably not, but I will be getting it.
---
I kick ass for the LORD!
Guess correctly and get +1 interwebz
#8schlanzPosted 7/13/2011 5:01:02 PM
My thoughts: an emphatic "meh"
---
Currently playing: LA Noire, The Witcher 2
the dude abides
#9FdshadowPosted 7/13/2011 5:05:57 PM
Activision, meh.

Also, there's much, much better sandbox out there, the first one got boring way too quickly.
#10zyrax2301(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 5:14:53 PM
Also, there's much, much better sandbox out there,

Please name some. Note that I mentioned how much fun Prototype is, not how "good" it is.
---