This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone else afraid to buy catherine?

#1SaQu1BPosted 7/13/2011 6:16:33 PM
I am a bit afraid, my parents might flip out when they see the cover, if they find out. Its funny, they don't care about violence, but if its something about sex, they get all strict.. not sure what to do. The review of the game looks great, but just can't risk it.
#2desert_santaPosted 7/13/2011 6:18:30 PM
I'm worried in regards to the difficulty. I'd hate to buy it full price only to find out I can't get very far. Might wait for a price drop.
#3SayoriaPosted 7/13/2011 6:20:00 PM
It is natural. Killing people is perfectly fine, but having sex with people is against the law.
#4schlanzPosted 7/13/2011 6:21:00 PM
I'm not afraid because I'm not at all interested.

If you want a good puzzle game get Might and Magic Clash of Heroes. It will last you twice as many hours and cost 1/4 as much as Catherine and is probably a bajillion times more fun.
---
Currently playing: LA Noire, The Witcher 2
the dude abides
#5echa_OnePosted 7/13/2011 6:21:28 PM
SaQu1B posted...
Its funny, they don't care about violence, but if its something about sex, they get all strict..

Ahhh... this ought to be an interesting discussion... the irony of parents :p

I can understand your fear buying Catherine. If I were a few years younger, I'd feel the same, too. Do you play your ps3 in your room? It should be safe to play there, unless your parents check your room often. I dunno, is there any nudity in Catherine, btw?
---
Our opinions may differ. The question is; do you respect my opinion as I do yours?
#6chrisat928Posted 7/13/2011 6:21:41 PM
It must suck to be a kid with terrible parents.
---
PSN: chrisproto (teh-nook.com)
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional.
#7RollingCradlePosted 7/13/2011 6:21:53 PM
I have a feeling I'll get bored of the block puzzles before too long, puzzle games tend to bore or frustrate me, and as far as "game play", this game is entirely block puzzles (the lamest kind of puzzle), seems like a wasted opportunity, especially over the course of 15 hours.
#8mancow53Posted 7/13/2011 6:26:47 PM
chrisat928 posted...
It must suck to be a kid with terrible parents.

lol this
---
I have so many collections, the doctors told me that I couldnt collect people anymore, only their personalities and memories. So I have that going for me.
#9Justice98405Posted 7/13/2011 6:31:08 PM
I'm in my thirties and I don't care what people think.
So no, I'm not 'afraid' to buy this, or any game. :)
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#10ElectricMolePosted 7/13/2011 6:33:52 PM
theres an alternate and safer boxart for the game. get that one
---
http://youtu.be/NB9ea_xWexM
Let's Get to the Top!