This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Q about Uncharted series and PS3 exclusives...

#1flymikePosted 7/13/2011 8:04:43 PM
Uncharted 3 is looking pretty interesting to me right now and so is Uncharted 2's multiplayer which I somehow let slip me. I never gave the series a chance and with me suddenly feeling like there's a personal drought for "good" games and PS3 exclusives that appeal to me, I might as well give it a shot.

Question is, should I start with Uncharted 1? I would most likely want to do this since I'll try to play the first in any successful or quality franchise to get full effect. Thing is, I just don't have much time to play anything these days and I kinda want something to play when I get home and jump into, like Uncharted 2's multiplayer. How long are both of these games? What are your opinions?

And finally, I came to the conclusion that I can't really bash this gen of games and lack of good PS3 exclusives just because I don't jump on the bandwagons and give in to the hype. Truth is, I only copped a PS3 for the fighters, and a few series I enjoy like Ratchet, Twisted Metal, and a few that I didn't know where going to xbox like Tekken and DMC. The PS3 exclusives like

Resistance series
Metal Gear Solid 4
God of War series
Killzone series
infamous series
Yakuza series

just didn't appeal to me at all. Not that the games weren't "good". I can see quality, they just didn't attract me. And I always bypassed alot of the hyped titles and mostly went for the cult classics and hidden gems. Only exclusives I can honestly say I got enjoyment out of was Ninja Gaiden Sigma series and Ratchet series. And nowadays I waste alot of money on games anyway trying to find something worthwhile when I'm not playing fighters competitively. I'll buy all the DLC and everything. Then if get real busy and that game sits for a few days, I'll return it. And this has been the cycle this whole gen, with PS3.

So that's what finally led me to interest in Uncharted series. Because I feel like I have a PS3 for nothing when the games I enjoy the most are just multi-platform. And I don't have much time for games so if something doesn't grab me right away I chunk it. Can't seem to help it. I only compete in fighting games nowadays and go to tourneys for them and thats pretty much the extent of gaming when im not doing other stuff. It's like I can't bring myself to finish any other games nowadays.

So yea, long story short I'm gonna see about Uncharted. Just had to vent lol.
---
Pimp hand, give me strength...
#2SayoriaPosted 7/13/2011 8:06:56 PM
I started with 2, and was fine. Started a new story, I just didn't know Drake, Elena and another one or two other people who where hinted at being in UC1. I hear UC1 is fine to skip as it isn't overly fantastic, but I don't know.
#3xmcphersoPosted 7/13/2011 8:13:58 PM
Uncharted 1 was amazing, Un2 was just okay in my book.
---
yes. that would be dark.
PSN: thatwouldbedark
#4hotwheeler89Posted 7/13/2011 8:21:32 PM
Uncharted 1 is still incredible, 2 is better but the first one is still one of the best games this gen.
---
PSN ID: StuGunn5
"Why is it our job to save everyone? Haven't we done enough?
#5flymike(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 8:34:49 PM
Thanks for the replies. What made the first game so godlike?
---
#6Elements012894Posted 7/13/2011 8:37:02 PM
People I believe enjoyed the story and progression of number 1 over 2.

Personally I think U2 is vastly superior. Its just a tighter experience imo
---
Demon's Souls is a RPG a block & evade function with zero story. Calm down people
PSN- tazz1989
#7flymike(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 8:41:20 PM
Ah ok, so is U1 one of those things that you just have to experience, or can I just youtube it and go straight to U2? Lol.

Damn, it figures they'd remove U3 multi beta when I finally caught wind of it. Sigh..
---
#8hotwheeler89Posted 7/13/2011 8:44:20 PM(edited)
flymike posted...
Thanks for the replies. What made the first game so godlike?

The story was really good and the characters are really enjoyable. I also really love the setting of being a pacific island. Its a blast to play and quite a challenge if you play on Crushing. It was the first game I played on the hardest difficulty, it pissed me off but I was happy to have beaten it. The only bad thing is the waves of enemies. I don't understand why you wouldn't want to play it.
---
PSN ID: StuGunn5
"Why is it our job to save everyone? Haven't we done enough?
#9flymike(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 8:46:15 PM
Wow man, putting it that way, I guess i'll go ahead and pick it up tommorrow. How long is it roughly?
---
#10MyBRbackfiredPosted 7/13/2011 9:28:33 PM
I just finished #1. Good story but the combat was stale. Easy trophies too. Just starting #2 and it seems better. You can sneak around and choke people out, which is fun to me. And there are many different takedown animations. I love it so far. I can't believe I waited this long to play them. I say play the first for trophies atleast. You might enjoy it.
---
GT- IfIWinUGetRecon or My BR backfired