This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

About to begin Hard Corps Uprising. What do I need to know to get started?

#1CellSoundPosted 7/13/2011 9:10:35 PM
Are there difficulty settings? I've heard it's a difficult game, so I'm wondering if there is an easy mode or a way to level up.

What character should I play as? (I don't mind paying for a DLC character is they're badass)

What else do I need to know before I start?

Anyhow, I wouldn't have waited to buy the game if we PS3 owners weren't trolled by Microsoft and Konami with this as a timed exclusive. I waited for when it was cheap, like I intended.
#2TheRatedR_ViperPosted 7/13/2011 9:13:54 PM
The trophy list
---
Always bet on Duke
http://www.wouldyoukindly.com/wp-content/uploads/dukeslpashcover.jpg
#3Battleship_GrayPosted 7/13/2011 9:14:21 PM
It's not so hard. You level up via upgrades and points. The two starting characters are fairly interchangeable. Sayuri is the only DLC character worth it IMO, she plays pretty differently than the defaults.

It's a helluva game. Enjoy.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Storehouse/storm.jpg Now Drawing: Magma (x-men)
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#4BilI_RizerPosted 7/13/2011 9:14:49 PM
There are no difficulty settings. Make sure you play Rising Mode first, it lets you select whatever stage you want once you've unlocked them, and there's a bunch of power-ups and things to level up to make the game more accessible. Once you beat that and have gotten familiar with the game, that's when it's time to attempt Arcade Mode.

I would say just use Bahumut, he's the best character all around. Krystal I believe has less health, Harley is bad for the platforming sections, and Sayuri is awesome but she doesn't really capture the essence of the game.

Also, before you play...go into the options, turn the voice volume all the way down and the music up. The voices are stupid but the music is awesome.
#5Battleship_GrayPosted 7/13/2011 9:17:05 PM
...if nothing else you can be pretty damn sure that you can trust Bill Rizer's take on this game.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Storehouse/storm.jpg Now Drawing: Magma (x-men)
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#6CellSound(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 9:19:18 PM
BilI_Rizer posted...
Also, before you play...go into the options, turn the voice volume all the way down and the music up. The voices are stupid but the music is awesome.
thanks. that is a very helpful tip, since the grunting of the enemies dying is uber annoying.

Do you earn the points after you finish a stage?

Also, I think after I finish the game once I will buy Sayuri. I've heard the game is more like Strider with her, since she uses a sword.
#7BilI_RizerPosted 7/13/2011 9:30:05 PM
Battleship Gray posted...
...if nothing else you can be pretty damn sure that you can trust Bill Rizer's take on this game.

Heh, this was easily my most anticipated game of the year. ;) Although I'm still no where close to mastering yet, even though I've put nearly 30 hours into it...

CellSound posted...
BilI_Rizer posted...
thanks. that is a very helpful tip, since the grunting of the enemies dying is uber annoying.

Do you earn the points after you finish a stage?

Also, I think after I finish the game once I will buy Sayuri. I've heard the game is more like Strider with her, since she uses a sword.

Yeah, you get the points at the end of the stage, it depends on your rank, but it really factors in your combo multipler(which I hate btw). I would recommend upgrading your movement speed/air dash and getting triple jump before the guns. Using Sayuri is similar to Strider, yes, and she makes most of the bosses a joke. It can be kind of tricky though since her only ranged attack needs to be charged.
#8CellSound(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 9:34:24 PM
Ahh I keep dying at the motorcycle part.

How can I shoot backwards without moving backwards??
#9Schwepps01Posted 7/13/2011 9:36:42 PM
^Hold R2. Then shoot away! I had that same problem until I looked at the control scheme. You can also strafe with L2.
#10CellSound(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 9:37:25 PM
Schwepps01 posted...
^Hold R2. Then shoot away! I had that same problem until I looked at the control scheme. You can also strafe with L2.
Thanks!!

I got frustrated at this part last night, so I quit.

What is strafing in a 2D game?