This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this generation of video games sucking...or just me?

#1LienhartPosted 7/14/2011 3:38:30 PM
The last decent game I played was StarCraft II. Everything else has sucked. With the exception of GTAIV and MGS4, there has been nothing new. Have developers just ran out of ideas? Or are publishers now playing too big of a role in development? =(
#2ImmortalKatanPosted 7/14/2011 3:40:17 PM
It's just you. I've found plenty of interesting games this gen.
#3Mud_ChanPosted 7/14/2011 3:41:21 PM
It must be me too. Good games have seemed few and far between this gen.
---
Demon's Souls/Dark Souls Stat and Weapon Calcs
http://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/
#4cordsmanPosted 7/14/2011 3:41:33 PM
Um... the whole gen. sucked, for you, with the exception of THREE games? It's just you, buddy. Have you played

Bioshock?

Heavy Rain?

Gears of War?

BFBC2?

Darksiders?

Dead Space 1/2?
---
"A man chooses... a slave obeys. Kill!" - Andrew Ryan
PSN: BigDaddyFatso
#5justchill433Posted 7/14/2011 3:47:12 PM
This gen is a bit lackluster, but it's definitely you if you think good games are hard to come by.

Borderlands
Valkyria Chronicles
Demon's Souls
Uncharted
Ratchet and Clank
Red Dead Redemption
Bioshock
MGS4
Darksiders
Castlevania: LOS
Deus Ex
Skyrim
Disgaea
Infamous

I could go on for a while. If you don't find any of those games great then you just have bad taste.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xiT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#6Lienhart(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2011 3:48:06 PM
cordsman posted...
Um... the whole gen. sucked, for you, with the exception of THREE games? It's just you, buddy. Have you played

Bioshock?

Heavy Rain?

Gears of War?

BFBC2?

Darksiders?

Dead Space 1/2?

Dead Space 1 and 2 were an extension off FEAR ,which was an extension of Doom 3.

Darksiders is DMC.

Gears of War was...meh. Really just meh. Not my type of games.

BFBC2 was a consolized version of BF2. Don't get me wrong, I play it more than any other FPS but I am waiting for BF3.

Heavy Rain is a game my gf plays and I sit around watching, this should tell you something.

Bioshock was very meh for me.

Every game you just mentioned I can relate and reference to an older game in a major way. I'm also the type that sticks to FPS on PCs, and RPG/simulations on consoles. However....like JRPGs, all other games have just been copying the hell out of each other. Don't get me started on China and Korea rip offs (TF2 much?).

Wait I forgot to mention TF2 but that was last generation lol
#7Lienhart(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2011 3:49:56 PM
ooo, good mention about Demon Souls. The rest weren't great at all. Demon Souls was very unique.
#8jubjub360Posted 7/14/2011 3:51:48 PM
Lienhart posted...

Dead Space 1 and 2 were an extension off FEAR ,which was an extension of Doom 3.

What is this... Explain.
---
http://instantboss.org/
#9archizzyPosted 7/14/2011 3:53:20 PM
Been gaming since 1980

Gaming to me has never been as good as it is now to me. I also play on much better equipment now. I respect your opinion but I couldn't disagree more with you.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#10Lienhart(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2011 4:16:41 PM
archizzy posted...
Been gaming since 1980

Gaming to me has never been as good as it is now to me. I also play on much better equipment now. I respect your opinion but I couldn't disagree more with you.

I'd post my stuff...but too lazy. All I'm going to say is doubtful about the equipment part. The only thing I didn't get into was the 3D tv crap.

Gaming is starting to bore me so much that I'm slowly moving on...into racing (motorcycle).