This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shadow of the collosus

#1stealth42Posted 7/15/2011 9:12:05 AM
So is this just a port coming to ps3 or an hd remake or completely redone? I also heard ico is coming with it?
---
I'm so broke I can't even pay attention.
#2Paragon57Posted 7/15/2011 9:16:21 AM
HD 'remastered' title, meaning pretty graphics, new textures, better sound... All that good stuff. Think: Disney's Classic Animated Movies that have been remastered the past few years, or like The Sly Collection. And yes, ICO will be included.
---
P a r a g o n 5 7 was here!
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/7527/paragon.png
#3AerosoldierPosted 7/15/2011 9:17:26 AM
And it will cost $40.
---
Oh Hypocrisy! A world full of n00bs Indeed!
#4Nirvanas_NoxPosted 7/15/2011 9:26:20 AM
really just 40? i think i might get it.
---
Stompin on ants suckin their souls. Stompin on ants souls souls souls.
#5MrMikeMaPosted 7/15/2011 9:38:09 AM
Ugh.

Buyer beware, the game is really a 4 hour rental at best. Sure it looks great but the concept is a 1 trick pony drawn out over 14 collosi,a couple of which are not even giant. The 4 hours is even filled with an hour or so of riding your horse in, again, a very gorgeous looking world, but completely devoid of anything to do unless you want to chase little lizards.

ICO is kinda the same, but a little longer. Hold girls hand, defeat a few heartless, solve puzzle and move to next room. Repeat until end.

I would seriously rent this if you want to experience these games. They are decent to play once, but a tad bit overrated in my opinion. I'm sure the rabid fans will flame me, but whatever. I bought both of these game right when they came out.
---
my Bayonetta tattoo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28411423@N08/
#6Cloudtail4everPosted 7/15/2011 9:40:12 AM
If that's all you think the game is, you clearly missed the feel of it.
---
PSN & XBL - Cloudtail4ever ~ This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!
#7MrMikeMaPosted 7/15/2011 9:43:32 AM
I didn't "miss" the feel of it, but the game play is a lot left to be desired.

It's like Demon's Souls. That game has the feel you are describing as well. But it plays great as well.

Majin and The Foresaken also has that feel. But, at least that was a 15+ hour game to do everything.
---
my Bayonetta tattoo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28411423@N08/
#8stealth42(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2011 9:44:43 AM
I have the one on ps2 so I was kind of curious. For 40$ though, not sure.

I played beyond good & evil and for 10$ for an hd version that's definately worth it.
---
I'm so broke I can't even pay attention.
#9no2morroPosted 7/15/2011 10:01:04 AM
TBQH I can see what mike is saying...and in parts I kind of agree.

SPOILERS

When Lord of Shadows trivialised the mechanic in its colossus killing bit, it kind of showed how simplistic the bit was.

That said, the game is a MUST EXPERIENCE. Even if someone only rents it, it has to be played. It's an amazing game. I will be buying it. Loved it!
---
See how funny it is, when your kid ain't got no father,
played a little too much, now you're afloat in the harbor - NAS
#10broseffPosted 7/15/2011 10:21:10 AM
these are 2 of my favourite games ever. i have them both for ps2 but will be re-buying for ps3. they are love or hate type games. if you have a simple brain like MrMikeMa you probly wont like it because you are just focused on gameplay mechanics and not soaking in the game as a whole. both games are a work of art, and both provide a great experience start to finish.

not many other games like these.