This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help ithink i bricked my ps3.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Help ithink i bricked my ps3.

User Info: itachi1155

itachi1155
5 years ago#1
I recently bought a ps3 from a friend without a power cord or av cord. i used my old ps2 av cord and the power cord form my computer desktop tower. I played it for three days with no problem at all played a few demos and messed around in the shop with themes. I bought 90 dollars in psn points to get a 3month plus membership and 2 games. I am also upgraded to 3.66. I went to download one of my games from the store on my system and my power cord in the back behind my tv became unplugged. I turned my system back on and got the message saying it was improperly turned off. When i got my menu screen with all the options on it like games music and pictures i cant use any of them i only get the drop down menu for settings and even when i try to reupdate my ps3 it pauses and goes into a black screen. when i try to turn it off the "right" way it turns the screen off and the green light keeps blinking and wont turn off. Please help me understand the problem...
Great! I can't wait to bomb some Dodongos!!!
- Link from LoZ

User Info: ViolentAzzPimp

ViolentAzzPimp
5 years ago#2
Nice going.

itachi1155
5 years ago#3
can we please refrain from trolling im looking for answers not horrible witty comments.
- Link from LoZ

User Info: RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe
5 years ago#4
Bump.
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog

User Info: IvanKozlov

IvanKozlov
5 years ago#5
Access the Ps3's recovery menu and update it from there. You WILL need to put the update onto a flash drive and plug it into the Playstation to have it update this way. Below is a link telling you how to access the menu.

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/2184764?start=0&tstart=0
If there's two things I hate in this world, it's cockroaches and crying babies! Well, a crying baby cockroach would be truly terrible... So don't you dare cry!

itachi1155
5 years ago#6
ok so i got the recovery menu working anyone know where i can find the update to put on a flash drive.
- Link from LoZ

User Info: IvanKozlov

IvanKozlov
5 years ago#7

ok so i got the recovery menu working anyone know where i can find the update to put on a flash drive.

http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps3/pc_update/index.htm
If there's two things I hate in this world, it's cockroaches and crying babies! Well, a crying baby cockroach would be truly terrible... So don't you dare cry!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Help ithink i bricked my ps3.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived