This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help ithink i bricked my ps3.

#1itachi1155Posted 7/15/2011 9:28:09 AM
I recently bought a ps3 from a friend without a power cord or av cord. i used my old ps2 av cord and the power cord form my computer desktop tower. I played it for three days with no problem at all played a few demos and messed around in the shop with themes. I bought 90 dollars in psn points to get a 3month plus membership and 2 games. I am also upgraded to 3.66. I went to download one of my games from the store on my system and my power cord in the back behind my tv became unplugged. I turned my system back on and got the message saying it was improperly turned off. When i got my menu screen with all the options on it like games music and pictures i cant use any of them i only get the drop down menu for settings and even when i try to reupdate my ps3 it pauses and goes into a black screen. when i try to turn it off the "right" way it turns the screen off and the green light keeps blinking and wont turn off. Please help me understand the problem...
---
Great! I can't wait to bomb some Dodongos!!!
- Link from LoZ
#2ViolentAzzPimpPosted 7/15/2011 9:39:36 AM
Nice going.
#3itachi1155(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2011 9:41:01 AM
can we please refrain from trolling im looking for answers not horrible witty comments.
---
- Link from LoZ
#4RemixDeluxePosted 7/15/2011 9:49:00 AM
Bump.
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#5IvanKozlovPosted 7/15/2011 9:50:23 AM
Access the Ps3's recovery menu and update it from there. You WILL need to put the update onto a flash drive and plug it into the Playstation to have it update this way. Below is a link telling you how to access the menu.

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/2184764?start=0&tstart=0
---
If there's two things I hate in this world, it's cockroaches and crying babies! Well, a crying baby cockroach would be truly terrible... So don't you dare cry!
#6itachi1155(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2011 9:55:41 AM
ok so i got the recovery menu working anyone know where i can find the update to put on a flash drive.
---
- Link from LoZ
#7IvanKozlovPosted 7/15/2011 9:58:11 AM

ok so i got the recovery menu working anyone know where i can find the update to put on a flash drive.

http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps3/pc_update/index.htm
---
If there's two things I hate in this world, it's cockroaches and crying babies! Well, a crying baby cockroach would be truly terrible... So don't you dare cry!