This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 now has KOF95! Reminds gamers of the true quality fighting standards.

#1xenosaga123Posted 7/17/2011 1:36:16 PM
One of the greatest fighting games of all time. Well it's in Japan PSN Store now. SNK always worked hard on each KOF, with new additions, balances, totally new presentation and creative backgrounds (instead of Street Fighter's lazy habit of recycling almost everything), killer soundtrack, and more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zilx60pjm6U

I wonder if the other PS3 regions will have KO95 this Tuesday? They really should bring KOF96 to PS3 too! Even if it releases after KOFXIII in October, still look forward to buying KOF96 as well.

KOF94 is arcade perfect and still fun to play, so KOF95 and KOF96 would be excellent additions (would also be the first time I can own them. Missed the PS2 collectors editions, and anyways PS2 doesn't work.)
#2googlerPosted 7/17/2011 2:37:11 PM
personally I though '95 was the stepping stone into KOF's greatness which truely began with '96 and '97, but hey that's just my opinion. I'd love to see every KOF, or SNK fighter for that matter appear on PSN and XBL with achievements and trophies
#3k_adsl123Posted 7/17/2011 2:50:36 PM
97 was the best one, in my opinion, though 95 was really good. I have feeling we wont be seeing 95-98 for a while though, since they released those Neo Geo games ages and haven't heard about new releases since.

I'm just hoping they show KoF more love before XIII comes out. An HD online version of XI would make my life.
---
Not changing this sig until PSN gets an online chess game.
Started April 12, 2011.
#4no2morroPosted 7/17/2011 4:02:20 PM
I was never any good at this game (or 97 for that matter), but I will give it to you, its a classic. Some of the dudes who used to play Iori and Kyo were brutal with their combos. I hope you guys enjoy it!
---
See how funny it is, when your kid ain't got no father,
played a little too much, now you're afloat in the harbor - NAS
#5Mass_CarrierPosted 7/17/2011 4:04:00 PM

One of the greatest fighting games of all time. Well it's in Japan PSN Store now. SNK always worked hard on each KOF, with new additions, balances, totally new presentation and creative backgrounds (instead of Street Fighter's lazy habit of recycling almost everything), killer soundtrack, and more!

So how come 12 was such a pile of ****?
---
Don't just post youtube links. Say what the **** they are.
#6icewolf74Posted 7/17/2011 4:19:44 PM
Mass_Carrier posted...

If you are a hardcore KoF fan, you wouldn't think it is a pile of ****. However, if you are a casual KoF fan, which it seems like you are, then yeah, you wouldn't like KoFXII. However, for the rest of us, KoFXII was pretty awesome for its time. I can't wait for KoFXIII though.
#7milo128Posted 7/17/2011 4:22:00 PM
Its coming to NA this week, the blog said so.
#8SieKensouPosted 7/17/2011 4:45:21 PM
i like 2002UM original 2002 was nice too
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#9tsunami2311Posted 7/17/2011 4:54:17 PM
KOF Series>SF Series, When I was in the Fighting game crazy, I played more othe KOF series in the arcades then I ever did SF

I would love them to do an new KoF series but with HiDef Sprites like the Guilty Gear series did when consoles when HD, not the HiDef Sprites Capcom used for there HD "versions"
---
System Failure In-Progress, Cause of Dumb Asses and Microsoft
#10petran78Posted 7/18/2011 6:10:22 AM
husky74 posted...
Mass_Carrier posted...

If you are a hardcore KoF fan, you wouldn't think it is a pile of ****. However, if you are a casual KoF fan, which it seems like you are, then yeah, you wouldn't like KoFXII. However, for the rest of us, KoFXII was pretty awesome for its time. I can't wait for KoFXIII though.

Probably because the roster of XI was bigger than XII and had some console exclusive characters. Gameplay wise differences are minute anyway.

Really, after Street Fighter, KOF got the most releases ever :o
---
A witty saying proves nothing
Voltaire