This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Tried the Vanquish demo.

#31Schwepps01Posted 7/19/2011 10:07:19 AM
Soliquidus posted...
I personally love Vanquish, and dont understand how anyone can only play this game once. I played the Game through at least 3 times. One of those times being on God Hard, which took me well over 15 hours to beat. Normal and Hard mode are a cakewalk. I beat the game on Hard in one sitting without ever being killed, or having a close call. So thats many hours just there alone

I also tried my hand at ranking on the Leaderboards for Speed Trials. That took quite a few hours as well. Making the game last for well over 30 hours for me

All this rounded out Vanquish to be well over a 40 hour Game for me

Vanquish is one of my absolute fave games this Gen. Its fun, has amazing set pieces, and provides a Challenge IF YOU WANT ONE. In the form of God Hard and the Challenges. Especially God Hard tho

Vanquish can last you many many hours and be well worth the initial launche price, if you truly love the game, and understand its purpose

I definitely understand your mentality, that games can and should be played over and over. However, many people are also under a different mentality that more content would definitely be appreciated. Running through it a million times isn't my idea of fun because you know where everything is, sure you could "master" the game but new content in these different, harder modes or new levels altogether to elongate the game would have been appreciated. It's the same thing with Contra Hard Corps. They expect you to run through the game getting an S rank, when more stages is what I was really looking for.
---
#32ThePatrickPosted 7/19/2011 10:18:23 AM
I didn't find it like Gears because you could actually move your character around and it didn't feel like you were swimming through molasses on the moon in slow motion.

I did realize I don't have the energy or time right now to get extreme (sorry, "XTREME"wasn't extreme enough) hard-core enough to play the game without blood vessels bursting in my head from the stress, tho'. It was a pretty intense demo.

Still, if you have the time to invest, the mechanics seem pretty good so I'm sure a good player could eke lots of fun out of the combat.
---
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored
#33Anodyne11Posted 7/19/2011 10:31:05 AM
princeroan posted...
MonocleMoose posted...
Didn't really like it. Too much like Gears, among other things.

i think you're playing it wrong if you think it plays like gears.

i was going to post this.
---
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards
#34LunarRoarPosted 7/19/2011 10:35:44 AM
I bought Vanquish literally right after I tried out the demo last week. Ordered it on Amazon and got it for $15. Nice little game, pretty enjoyable if you look at it as an arcade game rather than a console game since it is pretty short. Though at $15, I'm not really complaining.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=lunarroar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0vtAn1FzmA
#35HHM_HHUPosted 7/19/2011 10:36:19 AM
I didn't like the demo at first either.
But once you play the demo a lot and get really good with the functionality it becomes really fun.
---
I own and love all three current systems!
(MGO - he-hate-me/ Ash_Apocalypse)
#36Mass_CarrierPosted 7/19/2011 11:46:03 AM
Vanquish is probably the only game I've ever played where I'm thankful it's as short as it is, because if it was much longer, the extra amount of playtime would be inversely proportional to the years it shaved off your life. The experience of playing Vanquish is so intense that 5 hours is as much as the human body and mind can deal with.
---
Don't just post youtube links. Say what the **** they are.
#37SoliquidusPosted 7/20/2011 12:07:31 AM
Mass_Carrier posted...
Vanquish is probably the only game I've ever played where I'm thankful it's as short as it is, because if it was much longer, the extra amount of playtime would be inversely proportional to the years it shaved off your life. The experience of playing Vanquish is so intense that 5 hours is as much as the human body and mind can deal with.

Exactly. Games like Vanquish aren't supposed to be ridiculously long experiences

@ schweppes

Hard Corps style is supposed to be like that. Thats how Contra has always been. Its not about a long experience, but providing you with great fast paced gameplay, that requires you to burn patterns in your mind, then have the timing and dexterity to play the game properly. Its not supposed to be hours long. Its meant to be a fast and fun game that provides a challenge. A challenge that will keep you hooked until you are able to beat the game, and even when you beat it, continually try to up yourself with each try after

Yes mentality can come in to play with Games, but that doesn't change the fact that some games are meant to be short and played multiple times, and some games are long and meant to be played through few times. I only beat Vanquish 3 times. It was necessary to play it at least 2 times for Trophies. And the game is so fun, that its never drudgery. I understand what you mean tho. Your mentality is just different is all
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing