This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IYO is there any chance Resistance 3 pulls a stunner and wins consensus GOTY

#1u_madPosted 7/19/2011 9:53:59 PM(edited)
IGN seems to be just gushing over it and I think Resistance 3 might manage to get 90+ in metacratic because it doesn't seem to be one of those overhyped games, and Resistance 2 seems to be considered a disappointment (though I enjoyed it). Games like Uncharted 3 would have to do a lot more than a game like Resistance 3 to blow everybody away because the bar was set really high in the 2nd one. Same goes for Arkham City.

Anyway, I think it might be a darkhorse candidate for the GOTY consideration. You'd probably want to take that with a grain of salt though because I also predicted Force Unleashed 2 would win last year after seeing some footage earlier in the year.
#2melvinmelon123Posted 7/19/2011 9:56:11 PM
Not at all, unless Deus Ex sets the world on fire than Skyrim will win the majority of GOTY awards. With the abundance of GOTY awards these past few years, every game can win one
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/NeoSonicAlpha
You should buy NIER. Go do it now. NIER
#3betterboulderPosted 7/19/2011 10:00:37 PM
The game would have to be touched by God to destroy the Fall lineup in GOTY
---
"Have confidence in the God that has confidence in you." PSN: PositiveCalvin (http://blogboulder.blogspot.com)
#4UrbanMessiahPosted 7/19/2011 10:04:21 PM
No sir, not a chance. Don't get me wrong, it certainly seems to be an improvement over 2, but from what I can tell from the demo it isn't GOTY caliber.
---
True, I might not have the right to do it, but you definitely don't have the power to stop me.
#5psprulz2007Posted 7/19/2011 10:06:23 PM
No. Not possible with uncharted 3 skyrim or gears of war 3 coming
---
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerFAQs 1.8
#6VerySadPandaPosted 7/19/2011 10:07:30 PM
Urban Messiah posted...
No sir, not a chance. Don't get me wrong, it certainly seems to be an improvement over 2, but from what I can tell from the demo it isn't GOTY caliber.

To be fair the demo is an old build and they're not just saying that, it really is. From what I've seen of other gameplay footage it seems to be that way.
#7Fanch234Posted 7/19/2011 10:08:29 PM
melvinmelon123 posted...
Not at all, unless Deus Ex sets the world on fire than Skyrim will win the majority of GOTY awards. With the abundance of GOTY awards these past few years, every game can win one

and that's great for cheap basterds like me that always wait for the goty versions to come out.
---
cool beans
#8justchill433Posted 7/19/2011 10:08:59 PM
It's definitely looking good so far, but their is a pretty strong lineup it competes with:

Uncharted 3
Dark Souls
Skyrim
Deus Ex
MW3
Battlefield 3
etc...
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xiT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#9Fanch234Posted 7/19/2011 10:15:27 PM
don't forget Skyward Sword!!!
:-D

:- l

:'-(
---
cool beans
#10Schwepps01Posted 7/19/2011 10:20:54 PM(edited)
Here are the contenders for GOTY....

Catherine
Shadows of the Damned
Dark Souls
Deus Ex
LittleBigPlanet 2
Hard Corps: Uprising
Rayman Origins

As if...oh well.
---