This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IYO is there any chance Resistance 3 pulls a stunner and wins consensus GOTY

#11jammitinPosted 7/19/2011 9:27:15 PM
I don't think it will even come close. Not in singleplayer or multiplayer. Gears and Uncharted will most likely beat it out with multiplayer awards.
---
Rooting for used games
#12daigre7Posted 7/19/2011 9:27:45 PM
We'll know for sure when the beta starts next week, but it seems they will go back to the Resistance 1- style competitive MP, which was great for those that know. That with the coop from Resistance 2 is sure to be great. SP looks like the best one yet from what I've seen too.

That being said, I see it being much better than Resistance 2, but probably wont even get nominated for GOTY, only because too much other good stuff is coming. GOTY nominees will undoubtedly be:

Battlefield 3 (PC)
Portal 2
Uncharted 3
Batman AC
Elder Scrolls V
---
PSN: Hand_Banana
"Some people are like a Slinky....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
#13OnslaughtXPosted 7/19/2011 9:53:11 PM
It will be received better than R2, but score lower. Just like UC3.
---
I'm pretty sure that Hideo confirmed that you don't argue MGS semantics with Onslaught. - Serazee - backloggery.com/main.php?user=onslaughtx
#14KenauePosted 7/19/2011 9:57:30 PM
It may win one from somewhere given the monstrous amounts of GOTY award givers out there. IGN is praising the game in their latest preview and the gameplay I've seen makes me excite for it.
---
Once you figure out what a joke everything is, being the Comedian's the only thing that makes sense.
#15SamusFarronPosted 7/19/2011 9:57:33 PM
Seen a lot of gameplay. Going to skip it probably. I liked the first two, but this one is really suffering from a slightly too familiar feeling to drop 60 bones on it. I think there will be better games this holiday-ish.

Hopefully, it proves me wrong and is astounding. But I seriously, seriously doubt that.
---
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4062/lightningrocks.gif
#16TheRatedR_ViperPosted 7/19/2011 10:15:30 PM
Critics gush over everything before release
---
http://myfacewhen.com/images/33.jpg