This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How good is the PS3 wireless?

#1HellsControllerPosted 7/23/2011 10:52:57 PM
I recently moved. Before the move though I had a wire running from my modem to my PS3/360. With how my new apartment is set up, it's extremely difficult, to run a wire from my modem to my PS3. For that reason I've decided to keep my 360 in my room, and the PS3 in the living room. Assuming my internet connection doesn't suck and is decent, how good are online games on the PS3? Does Netflix stream at good quality? How about download speeds from the PSN?
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#2gm914Posted 7/23/2011 10:56:28 PM
If you have decent-fast internet you'll never have an issue.
Cool sig man.
---
Good job Jeremy.
#3Thermador446Posted 7/23/2011 11:07:40 PM
I tried wired and wireless several times each, and the average speed was nearly identical.
#4RuinlmpendentPosted 7/23/2011 11:42:13 PM
Very good. I always use wireless.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/EmperorLawlight.png
#5LaevantPosted 7/23/2011 11:57:01 PM
My wireless PS3 connection is faster than my wired PC's. >_____>
---
MGO (EU): Envirasu [Dream Cats]
#6MightyjimpoPosted 7/24/2011 12:51:17 AM
I ran a massive ethernet cable to my ps3 thinking it would give me a better connection I have since had to use the port on my router for my satellite tv and switched to wireless. . . . . I have noticed absolutely no difference!
---
PSN Username: mightyjimpo
Twitter: @mightyjimpo
#7HellsController(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2011 8:16:07 AM
gm914 posted...
If you have decent-fast internet you'll never have an issue.
Cool sig man.

Haha, thanks.

And thanks everyone else for your responses. Seems like I have nothing to worry. Always good to hear.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#8MegaMetroidFan9Posted 7/24/2011 8:40:20 AM(edited)
I've always used wireless on my PS3.

Back when I had a good internet connection, Netflix streaming was great, online gaming was decent (still messed up/lagged from time to time), and downloads were really slow.

Now that I don't have a good connection, Netflix is awful, online gaming is about the same, and downloads barely move at all (I bought Borderlands onsale a few days ago...it's still downloading).
---
Official PotD Metroid I am a Christian. Ask me anything
You can see what I'm listening to here: http://www.last.fm/user/Captain_Waffles