This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the final boss of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 extremely hard?

#1Junpei_StupeiPosted 7/24/2011 6:39:12 AM(edited)
I remember in Marvel vs. Capcom 2, I couldn't defeat the final boss. (Ran out of credits in the arcades). I believe I have adequate skills when it comes fighters. However, when it comes to cheap final bosses, I usually run out of "Hope". Their damage is overwhelmingly high, the fight lasts too long, etc. It discourages me from buying the game when I know that it is beyond my control on simply "beating it".

I'm thinking of buying " Ultimate" Marvel vs. Capcom 3 because of Phoenix Wright and what She-Hulk said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaBpRrOhd94

* The only thing missing is "X". *sniff* I miss my childhood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdqOhD0gpeE

^ This is a "fan-made" remix. No copyright law is violated.
---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#2rahmed51387Posted 7/24/2011 5:20:51 AM
Not nearly as hard. Pretty slow, predictable attacks, and literally takes up half the screen.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
Awaiting: Portal 2, Resistance 3, UC3, Child of Eden, Anarchy Reigns, will add more later...
#3RollingCradlePosted 7/24/2011 5:41:31 AM
You only get to see him from the waist up.
#4bigJ7235Posted 7/24/2011 5:42:26 AM
Maybe the first few times you battle him, he has some pretty cheap almost insta kill moves. But once you learn how to evade and do some sick combos, he gets much easier to beat.

Also, just a note, I haven't tried it on any other setting beside the default. So I am sure he is tougher, or cheaper on harder settings.
---
I'm a PS360ii gamer! XBL - PSN: JoshTru84
Currently own, 328 XB360, 108 XBLA, 44 PS3, 30 PSN, 38 Wii, 8 VC, 38 DS, 36 PSP, and 5 3DS games.
#5KnightRay_XPosted 7/24/2011 6:26:47 AM
bigJ7235 posted...
Maybe the first few times you battle him, he has some pretty cheap almost insta kill moves. But once you learn how to evade and do some sick combos, he gets much easier to beat.

Also, just a note, I haven't tried it on any other setting beside the default. So I am sure he is tougher, or cheaper on harder settings.

Pretty much this. And even on the harder difficulties, Galactus is still pretty easy. As long as you know how to block/super jump, you should be good to go.
---
Not changing until Gail Kim wins the Divas Title -Started 4/26/10
Currently Playing(PS3): Alpha Protocol, F.3.A.R., MvC3 & Mass Effect 2
#6Ocelot4444Posted 7/24/2011 6:34:19 AM
he's super easy. Jump, block, damage him, use hypers. Pretty much you win it.
---
I <3 Capcom lol
#7Ryphis_DemeanorPosted 7/24/2011 7:46:23 AM
the boss in MVC2 (whom I have fought well over 5000 times) had a simple formula

1st form - Strong close range offense, short attack bursts no more than 2-3 hits, then block, repeat.

2nd form - projectile based fighter, block and counter attack with a projectile super combo

3rd form - Air super combos after learning to block.

My favorite easy team to win the final boss was Colossus, Cable, Sentinel. Team could destroy the final boss.

MVC3 final boss is slightly more difficult only because if you mess up against the heralds you may not have enough health to pull it off, especially on the hardest difficulty. I always choose a super fast character for the heralds, then just plug away at the final boss by getting as close as possible and blocking/ducking to his huge attacks. I loved the extra mode they put in later where you could fight him with 2 or even 1 character only.
#8KarsticlesPosted 7/24/2011 7:54:36 AM
While the boss in MvC2 was very easy, the boss in MvC3 is even easier.
---
"Karst" for short; PSN ID: Karsticles.
My Dormammu Guide: http://shoryuken.com/forum/threads/the-dormammu-thread.125050/