This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are Parasite Eve 1 and 2 separate stories?

#1da_StoOgePosted 7/26/2011 4:41:04 AM
I'd really like to play the series but part one isn't on PSN AU. Can I play the part 2, or are the characters and story related?
---
Rest in peace Jason. I'll miss you man.
#2420FatalPosted 7/26/2011 4:44:45 AM
playing 1 will give you a better understanding of what's going on in 2...but it's not totally necessary. the stories are separate, but you play as Aya in both.
#3osboesPosted 7/26/2011 4:45:38 AM
I haven't played 1 but I really enjoyed 2. It's pretty easy enough to pick up, story and all.
#4Dark_SpiretPosted 7/26/2011 4:48:01 AM
there loosely connected. i dont see a problem playing the second one before the first. there also pretty damn different gameplay wise so the first doesnt necessarily feel like a step back if you wanted to play the first at some point.
---
My PC screen shots-http://s402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/Darkspiret/
Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics - Yakuza 4 - Fallout New Vegas
#5da_StoOge(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2011 4:48:34 AM
420Fatal posted...
playing 1 will give you a better understanding of what's going on in 2...but it's not totally necessary. the stories are separate, but you play as Aya in both.

OK. So would you say it's like Resident Evil 2 is to RE1? ie, same theme and setting etc, but you can play them out of order?

I'm more worried about ruining the first game if I play part 2, than being a bit lost at the start. Thanks.
---
#6da_StoOge(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2011 4:50:06 AM
Dark Spiret posted...
there loosely connected. i dont see a problem playing the second one before the first. there also pretty damn different gameplay wise so the first doesnt necessarily feel like a step back if you wanted to play the first at some point.

That sounds good. Thanks for the help guys. Btw, do you know if part 1 got a PAL release?
---
#7PaddyFinnLikePosted 7/26/2011 4:54:15 AM
They're not connected.

But you should know that the second game makes no real effort to explain what you're fighting against or why.

You don't need to know much more than 'shoot the monsters, idiot.' But I'd say that the narrative is more engaging if you've played the first.
#8Dark_SpiretPosted 7/26/2011 5:05:10 AM
da number one stooge posted...
420Fatal posted...

OK. So would you say it's like Resident Evil 2 is to RE1? ie, same theme and setting etc, but you can play them out of order?

I'm more worried about ruining the first game if I play part 2, than being a bit lost at the start. Thanks.

ya kinda. tho you will still be lost on a few things as said the game doesnt openly explain certain elements to those new to the series, but nothing a quick wiki look wont fix. ironically PE2 plays pretty similarly to the RE series.
---
My PC screen shots-http://s402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/Darkspiret/
Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics - Yakuza 4 - Fallout New Vegas
#9Alky88Posted 7/26/2011 5:15:46 AM
da number one stooge posted...
Dark Spiret posted...

That sounds good. Thanks for the help guys. Btw, do you know if part 1 got a PAL release?

The first one never got a PAL release.
---
"Official Jill Valentine of the MvC3 boards!"
#10da_StoOge(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2011 5:16:56 AM
Thanks guys.
---