This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I went on a gaming spree and probably shouldn't have. (Darksiders related)

#1Grizzle1981Posted 7/27/2011 7:26:23 AM
I went and bought games a couple of months ago that I though looked interesting (but didn't really want). All in all, I think there were about 4 games total that I got (BioShock 2, Darksiders, Lego Rock Band, and Brutal Legend). Out of all of them Brutal Legend was satisfying but I just sold it after beating it. Lego Rock Band disappointed so now I'm left with BioShock 2 and Darksiders. BioShock 2 is going to be a struggle to get through after loving the first game but I'm going to stick with it. My main problem is with Darksiders. I really really want to love this game. I really really want to feel immersed in this game ... but I'm not feeling it at all. I just go to the point where I met Vulgrim for the first time and paid him his 500 souls. Like I said, I really want to love this game (I think the concept is great). Can someone tell me if you think this game picks up and gets more interesting or if what I'm seeing now is indicitive of what all the game play is like? Is it going to take a while for things to pick up the pace or is this what this part of the game is like?

I just traded in Lego Rock Band, Street Fighter 4, Brutal Legend, Final Fantasy XIII, Rock Band, Tomb Raider Underworld, and Modnation Racers. (Got $42 for them that I put towards Batman: Arkham City.) I'm saying this because I'm wondering if I should be trading in Darksiders as well (and MK Vs. DC).
---
"It is never acceptable to say that a game sucks - ever." ~Xbox (mod)
You heard 'em. Only positive comments on Gamefaqs or you'll get moderated.
#2cordsmanPosted 7/27/2011 7:30:24 AM
Hey grizzle. Trust me (it sounds like we have similar tastes) Darksiders gets infinitely more interesting. Some really cool bosses right after the part you're at. Power through a little bit and it gets fun.
---
"A man chooses... a slave obeys. Kill!" - Andrew Ryan
PSN: BigDaddyFatso
#3zooknutPosted 7/27/2011 7:33:22 AM
i dont see how bio 2 would be a chore sure its not as good as the first one but still a great game nonetheless...darksiders will prolly take u more time to finish i would put that one last..black throne or whatever it was level will give you fits...i never wanna play that level again after getting thru it one time
#4Grizzle1981(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2011 7:39:57 AM
cordsman posted...
Hey grizzle. Trust me (it sounds like we have similar tastes) Darksiders gets infinitely more interesting. Some really cool bosses right after the part you're at. Power through a little bit and it gets fun.

I hope so ... because right now it's really rough.

(Does War get any more character developement or is he kind of like Kratos ... just a guy walking along killing stuff at this point?)

Also... ^BioShock 2 doesn't capture the same feel as the first game. I know I'm starting at the begining after beating the first game (with my weapons) but the Rivet gun is so slow and weak, the drill feels useless and the reduced capacity for First Aid kits and Eve Hypo's feels very restricting. The voices don't even sound right to me. They just didn't capture that same feeling ... and that makes it hard for me to play. Like I'm playing a spoof after witnessing a finished product.
---
#5PaddyFinnLikePosted 7/27/2011 7:42:40 AM
Yeah, Darksiders is all about the dungeons and you haven't even got to the first one yet.

If I remember rightly, it'll be about another hour or so before you get there.

Up until that point it seems like a God of War clone with very minor exploration. Keep with it.
#6zooknutPosted 7/27/2011 7:45:59 AM
the guns are actually better in bio 2 imo but the rivet gun takes time to get used to.. and admit i didnt use it much in my 3 playthru's
#7Grizzle1981(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2011 7:47:37 AM
Does it get more puzzles in it? I guess I'm one of the few people who like them. (By puzzles, I mean timed challenges and stuff like that ... I'm down with more traditional puzzles too.)

Because right now I'm not seeing any puzzles at all other than ... kill these guys to open a path.
---
#8Grizzle1981(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2011 7:49:06 AM
zooknut posted...
the guns are actually better in bio 2 imo but the rivet gun takes time to get used to.. and admit i didnt use it much in my 3 playthru's

Then I can't wait to get a better gun. In BioShock 1, I used my Tommy Gun nearly ALL the time. It was my baby. I miss it so much. (And I'm missing the Wrench too ... which I never used.) (And my plasmid that rendered me invisible when standing still.)
---
#9PaddyFinnLikePosted 7/27/2011 7:51:29 AM
Grizzle1981 posted...
Does it get more puzzles in it? I guess I'm one of the few people who like them. (By puzzles, I mean timed challenges and stuff like that ... I'm down with more traditional puzzles too.)

Because right now I'm not seeing any puzzles at all other than ... kill these guys to open a path.

Darksiders you mean?

The dungeons are very Zelda like, they're made up entirely of puzzles.

There are waves of enemies still but the puzzles are the real meat.
#10Nightmare966Posted 7/27/2011 7:53:31 AM
You've not even really started, so it's impossible you've immersed on the game's universe.
---
PSN: Nightmare966