This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I went on a gaming spree and probably shouldn't have. (Darksiders related)

#11zooknutPosted 7/27/2011 7:54:31 AM
^ u can go commando in bio 2 similar to wrench and just use drill...i did it once just fine with the drill however i kinda missed the shotgun after awile and blowing heads off...let rapture part 2 have it's own way of drawing you in to it's environment give it time..more rapture is a good thing
#12dj___rollPosted 7/27/2011 7:57:06 AM
I put about 5-6 hours into Darksiders when it first came out and I was bored silly. It's filled with great gameplay elements, but I could never get over the feeling of been there done that and none of it felt exciting or fun. But that's just IMO.
---
...to boldly split infinitives that no man had split before...
#13IcornianPosted 7/27/2011 7:58:28 AM
Like others have said Darksiders starts off slow, but it is worth it to keep on going. Once you start hitting the dungeons it is basically an M-rated Zelda.
---
"Dong?!? Where is my automobile?"
#14Grizzle1981(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2011 8:06:11 AM
dj___roll posted...
I put about 5-6 hours into Darksiders when it first came out and I was bored silly. It's filled with great gameplay elements, but I could never get over the feeling of been there done that and none of it felt exciting or fun. But that's just IMO.

That's what I'm afraid of ... and feeling a bit of I think.
---
"It is never acceptable to say that a game sucks - ever." ~Xbox (mod)
You heard 'em. Only positive comments on Gamefaqs or you'll get moderated.
#15Grizzle1981(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2011 8:07:16 AM
Nightmare966 posted...
You've not even really started, so it's impossible you've immersed on the game's universe.

It feels like I've been playing for about 2 or 3 hours and still don't have a feel of ... any of it though. I don't really have any understanding of my character other than he's a mindless beast.
---
#16Grizzle1981(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2011 8:08:48 AM
PunKOuT posted...
Like others have said Darksiders starts off slow, but it is worth it to keep on going. Once you start hitting the dungeons it is basically an M-rated Zelda.

Sorry for the triple post ... but I don't know how to quote everyone in 1 post.

I wouldn't know ... I've only ever played the first Zelda game (didn't like it) then was given a copy of ?Ornica of Time? for N64 and didn't really enjoy it (played it for about an hour).
---
#17PaddyFinnLikePosted 7/27/2011 8:18:12 AM(edited)
Grizzle1981 posted...
PunKOuT posted...

I wouldn't know ... I've only ever played the first Zelda game (didn't like it) then was given a copy of ?Ornica of Time? for N64 and didn't really enjoy it (played it for about an hour).

I love the Zelda series so I'm actually jealous of you.

I enjoyed Darksider's dungeons alot even though I knew that it was all copy and pasted.

You get to enjoy the hookshot for the first time ever.
#18Ultima_D_StrikePosted 7/27/2011 8:43:04 AM(edited)
Grizzle1981 posted...
PunKOuT posted...

Well if you don't like Zelda, chances are you won't even like Darksiders since it borrows most of its elements from Zelda.

Then again you have just met Vulgrim the actual game hasn't even started yet and you only
played OoT for an hour.
It seems you haven't given both of these games a chance, it takes a while to beat games like Zelda and Darksiders.
Try to beat the first dungeon maybe you will actually like it otherwise it really isn't your type of game.
---
GameFaqs the place where opinions become facts!