This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want to play Metal Gear Solid, what are my options?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I want to play Metal Gear Solid, what are my options?
4 years ago#1
I got my PS3 last December, one of the first games I played was MGS4. After doing research on the past games (so I would understand the story) I played and beat it. I thought it was awesome.

I know the Metal Gear Solid Collection comes out in fall, but is there any other game I could download off PSN, or anything, to tide me over until then. To my knowledge there isn't.

Also worth noting I have no PSP, no PS2.

Thanks guys.
Now Playing: Infamous 2, God of War Collection, Halo Reach, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
4 years ago#2
Best bet...

PSN store has MGS1 for the PS1. $10. Well worth it, check it out.

Then get the MGS HD collection this fall. That should cover ya!
I'm pretty sure that Hideo confirmed that you don't argue MGS semantics with Onslaught. - Serazee -
4 years ago#3
Metal Gear solid 1.
4 years ago#4
> Play Metal Gear Solid

> Do Not Play Metal Gear Solid

Pick one?
Why? Because **** you is why.
4 years ago#5
You are likely to be in for an awesome ride.

MGS4 was by far the worst in the series IMO. I almost wish I never played them, so I could experience them for the first time again.
XBL: eL Sm3gmA, H2K CoBrA ::: PSN: Smegtico
"so continue to not care, while a bunch of fat pre teen kids teabag you"- shrub999
4 years ago#6
MGS 1-3 were infinitely better than MGS 4 which was basically just one long, cheesy cutscene disguised as a game.
4 years ago#7
then the HD Collection when that comes out
PSN- Smapizard
4 years ago#8
a better idea is to wait until the HD collection comes out, there is a slight possibility they could include a code to download MGS1 off the store for free.

so you'd basically be getting four games for $50.

and if they include Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 with Subsistance and all the extras, that's six games for $50.
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
4 years ago#9
It was $9.99 last I checked in the store.
I still have a PS1 copy. It would be nice if the collection came with a download code so I could have it on my PSP.
4 years ago#10
Get MGS1 off the PS Store. Play it. Wait till HD collection comes out (probably November) play 2 and 3. Play 4 again. Then Play Peace Walker from the collection.
Time...line...? Time is not made out of lines. It is made of circles. That is why clocks are round. - Caboose
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. I want to play Metal Gear Solid, what are my options?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived