This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony: You can use the Vita as a PS3 controller

#1Starbucks_FanPosted 8/2/2011 2:20:15 PM(edited)
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-02-sony-use-vita-as-a-ps3-controller

awesome! now there's no point in buying a Wii U!
---
Currently Playing- DJ Hero 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2, NFS Hot Pusuit, Zelda Spirit Tracks, Assassin's Creed 2
#2da number one stoogePosted 8/2/2011 2:22:23 PM
The PSP is the most uncomfortable thing I've ever held (inb4dirtyjoke), why in gods name would I want to use the Vita over a DS3?
---
Rest in peace Jason. I'll miss you man.
#3Ghost the BatPosted 8/2/2011 2:23:02 PM
Besides the fact that the Wii U will have many exclusive first party games and is a new console with more capabilities than the current generation consoles.

But yes pretty much.
---
Currently playing: Minecraft, Legend of Zelda: OoT 3D
#4revenginePosted 8/2/2011 2:26:32 PM
Maybe now we’ll see the interconnectivity/interaction between the Vita and PS3 that was strongly eluded to supposed to happen between the PSP and the PS3. Cool stuff. Another incentive for a PS3 owner to pick up a Vita.
---
Have to make myself remember it's something that I used to know
#5SomnusNemorisPosted 8/2/2011 2:26:40 PM
So considering the PSP Vita was announced before the Wii U, will all the clowns who said Sony copied Nintendo this gen, spend next gen declaring that Sony are the copied ones this time?
#6ManuKesnaPosted 8/2/2011 2:28:13 PM
what? i dont get it, were you planning to buy the Wii U to use it as a PS3 controller? =/
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#7jubjub360Posted 8/2/2011 2:28:18 PM
SomnusNemoris posted...
So considering the PSP Vita was announced before the Wii U, will all the clowns who said Sony copied Nintendo this gen, spend next gen declaring that Sony are the copied ones this time?

Nah. Nintendo copied Apple.
---
http://instantboss.org/
#8ThePatrickPosted 8/2/2011 3:01:22 PM
Now if only they said there was some way to plug your Vita into your PS3 and play your games on a real TV, or if they said you could hook in a controller, or something.

I hate the way you're stuck with whatever broken/lousy stick handhelds have, I hate crouching over little screens, etc. I keep meaning to get into the PSP again but I just don't see it happening.
---
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored
#9danny_S_06Posted 8/2/2011 3:24:47 PM

Besides the fact that the Wii U will have many exclusive first party games and is a new console with more capabilities than the current generation consoles.

But yes pretty much.

But then the new PS and Xbox will be out soon after which will have even better capabilities.
---
PSN (UK): CaptainSellers
Impatiently awaiting: Uncharted 3, Mass Effect 3, Dark Soul's, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, MGS Collection
#10-Damien-Posted 8/2/2011 3:26:35 PM
So PS3+Vita make Wii U obsolete already, poor Nintendo