This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Skate should I get, if any?

#1Marioface5Posted 8/3/2011 11:52:05 AM
It's been a while since I bought a skating game, I think the last one I had that I really liked was on the PS1. Quite a while ago my friend was talking about Skate 2, and the demo for that seemed pretty fun, but I never ended up buying it. Now there's a third one, so I figured I would ask here for advice. Which, if any, Skate game should I get?
---
The world gets weirder every day.
PSN: Marioface5
#2psprulz2007Posted 8/3/2011 11:53:11 AM
I think 2 was the best of the 3 but I'd say 3 since it's the newest one.
---
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerFAQs 1.8
#3Justice98405Posted 8/3/2011 12:00:39 PM
With 2 it seems to be a LOT easier to consitently land certain tricks, especailly any kind of flips. 3 however adds in the Darkslide, my favorite single move in all of stakeboarding, so I love 3 for that.
Both are great, 2 or 3, so it's really a judgement call. There's no clear winner, in my opinion.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#4cordsmanPosted 8/3/2011 12:02:34 PM
I've heard they're virtually the same game so you might as well get 3 since it's the newer one.
---
"A man chooses... a slave obeys. Kill!" - Andrew Ryan
PSN: BigDaddyFatso
#5merschdawgPosted 8/3/2011 12:15:24 PM
Justice98405 posted...
Both are great, 2 or 3, so it's really a judgement call. There's no clear winner, in my opinion.

This.
---
Gamertag/SteamID: merschdawg06
#6_StravinskyPosted 8/3/2011 12:18:22 PM
The 1st one is the best. Trust me on this. Plus its cheap as hell
#7X_F_L_A_W_XPosted 8/3/2011 12:23:05 PM
With Skate being my all-time favorite series (and having clocked an ungodly amount of hours into each title), I can safely say Skate 2 was the best all-around package.

The original game was good, but there were so many improvements in Skate 2 it's ridiculous. I could never go back to the first game and never being able to get off my board...ugh.

Skate 3 added a few improvements but I personally felt the game world wasn't as fun as its predecessor in any aspect. Skate 2 had everything from huge, insane skate spots to just about any kind of realistic spot you could think of. Plus, Skate 3 introduced those stupid rigid bails and took ALL the fun out of hall of meat. -_-

That's just my 2 cents.
---
Onward, every twisted spoke...
#8dman3981Posted 8/3/2011 12:31:24 PM
Skate 2, I feel it has the best environment to skate, you really felt like you were in this large city with varying environments. The third game separated the city into three sections that are cut off from each other and it really took away the feel of it, plus there were to many boring spots in the third.
---
Why? Why can't we all get along? Why do we have to complain about everything? Why can't we all just be happy?
#9AiuchiFanboiPosted 8/3/2011 12:48:33 PM
Was just debating this very topic yesterday. Is the online community still there with 2? Alot of trophies are online only, and I like trophies so this is actually a concern of mine.
---
SEGA DREAMCAST, it only does everything.
#10dman3981Posted 8/3/2011 12:52:28 PM
The skate 2 community is semi dead but to get the platinum leveling up is a really long grind. I gave up on getting the platium when the only trophy I need is to reach some certain level and it was taking too long especially since I only like to free skate online and not do competitive modes.
---
Why? Why can't we all get along? Why do we have to complain about everything? Why can't we all just be happy?