The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cant get my Samsung sound bar to work with PS3

#1xminnisPosted 8/4/2011 8:42:37 AM
I have HDMI running to the tv, then digital optial from TV to sound bar, but I get no sound no matter what setting i switch it to on the ps3. I have it ran the same exact way for my blu ray player and it sounds great. What is the deal.
---
Now Playing: MLB 10 The Show in year 2015 in franchise one championship with KC, and Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
#2archizzyPosted 8/4/2011 8:44:54 AM
Model number would be helpful. Also you should run the optical cable directly from the PS3 to the unit. The way you have it set up will be giving you 2 channel audio out of 99% of most tvs and possibly lip sync and other issues.

Even if your soundbar unit only takes 2 channel audio and simulates you should switch it and set it up in a better way.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#3xminnis(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2011 8:45:57 AM
Yea i can get it to work that way but then I have to switch it back everytime i want to watch tv or something since I only have one optical cable...
---
Now Playing: MLB 10 The Show in year 2015 in franchise one championship with KC, and Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
#4archizzyPosted 8/4/2011 8:54:01 AM(edited)
Buy another optical cable and a splitter. A cheap and easy fix especially from somewhere like Monoprice.

Or since it is just a soundbar anyway hooke up the red/white RCA jacks from the PS3 and run them directly to the soundbar. Change your audio settings in the PS3 and only have HDMI for video.

No switching needed.
---
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#5xminnis(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2011 9:00:53 AM
Wow i was just assuming I could easily get it to work by connecting optical straight from ps3 to soundbar and switching audio output on the ps3 to digital optical, but nope that doesnt even work either...
---
#6xminnis(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2011 9:03:59 AM
nvm... when I actually play a game the sound works.... it just doesnt in the XMB for some odd reason... What the hell
---
#7archizzyPosted 8/4/2011 10:40:25 AM
xminnis posted...
nvm... when I actually play a game the sound works.... it just doesnt in the XMB for some odd reason... What the hell

It should in the XMB if you scroll quickly through the icons, it has to do with the way optical works, long yet semi simply reason that I'm too lazy to type.
---