This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

No Final Fantasy Versus XIII at Tokyo Game Show

#1the415AnamolyPosted 8/8/2011 8:34:09 PM
Tetsuya Nomura is one of the main headliners in this week's issue of Dengeki PlayStation. To commemorate its 500th issue, the magazine got Nomura to draw a cover with six characters: Noctus (FF Versus XIII), Lightning (FFXIII-2), Serah (FFXIII-2), Noel (FFXIII-2), Machina (FF Type 0) and Rem (FF Type 0).

Nomura is also featured in a lengthy interview in the magazine. According to the usual early leak sources, Nomura tells the magazine that Final Fantasy Versus XIII will not be shown at this year's Tokyo Game Show, which will be held in mid September. However, the timing for the game's next showing has been set, he also confirms.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/09/versus_xiii_tgs/
---
Most Wanted: The Last Guardian
#2HealaNuckaPosted 8/8/2011 8:35:38 PM
I honestly don't even really care at this point. This game should not have been announced so long ago.
---
PSN: BLOODMONEYFORUDY XBL: BLOODMONEYFORDY
#3Blood_of_SokarPosted 8/8/2011 8:36:07 PM
Yeah, my care meter is slowly dwindling as time goes on.
---
PSN: Vallanthaz
What's this do?! *smashes* Now it don't do nothin'!" -Mark Henry
#4star_guy_100Posted 8/8/2011 8:37:23 PM
the game was announced over 5 years ago. i wanted it pretty bad a while ago but so much time has passed i dont even care about it anymore. at least they say they have a date set, but that doesnt realy mean much. i bet it will be one of the last ps3 games to be released.
#5GrabacrLeaderPosted 8/8/2011 8:43:33 PM(edited)
It obviously wasn't going to be there, since it won't be released any time soon. Now, FF13-2 on other hand *drools*
#6echa_OnePosted 8/8/2011 8:39:33 PM(edited)
My buy list is lined with tons of games starting September '11 to March '12, anyway. I'm pretty sure there'll be more games announced after that so I won't think about vsXIII that much.
---
Our opinions may differ. The question is; do you respect my opinion as I do yours?
My Games: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/mygames/index.html?user=echa_One
#7faris_ruhiPosted 8/8/2011 9:25:58 PM(edited)
They're going to show it off at the end January 2012 at an exclusive event most likely (XIII-2's and Type Zero's release would be out of the way by then in all major territories), announce either a late 2012 worldwide release, or late 2012 japan release, with the NA release being in Spring 2013.

At least that's my prediction. Anyways, even if no games were to come out till the end of 2012, I have such a huge backlog that I won't even get through all of it by then, so VSXIII releasing that late doesn't really bother me.
---
Time...line...? Time is not made out of lines. It is made of circles. That is why clocks are round. - Caboose
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
#8tomcatobitricePosted 8/8/2011 9:30:10 PM
They are working on the 360 version....what do u expect.
---
(*-*)"Was it cause i was kicking too much quantum singularity in Halo! Did my high scores brake the machine!!"
*Some guy after being banned on xbox*
#9chicknstu222Posted 8/8/2011 9:30:40 PM
Funny how the two Final Fantasy games that look very promising (Type-0 and Versus) are practically non-existent here. With no news on Versus and no news as well about an overseas localization of Type-0, you sometimes wonder what's going on with SE.
#10SonicNashPosted 8/8/2011 9:33:01 PM
I care more about XIII-2 now. Funny how XIII & XIII-2 will be released before Versus.

Versus can be cancelled at this rate.
---
PSN: ChrisBalrog
http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/chrisbalrog