This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Let's get some facts straight about this solid GOTY contender.

#61wigsplasherPosted 8/9/2011 1:20:15 AM
Agent_Greer posted...
zooknut posted...
TC seek some anger management yo....lol
I do.

I hate all people and society and that is the root of my anger (especially something that has to do with my sig).

What do you guys do in anger management class?
---
My PSN name killed my Gamer Tag killed my PSN name
#62Agent_Greer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2011 1:20:40 AM
riddlebox89 posted...
i find it funny how you're claiming it's GOTY contender when it's not even released, and therefor have not played it.

games this gen get 9/10 review scores all the time, but do they deserve them? most of the time the answer is no.

what have FPS games been so far this gen? generic, you're either fighting aliens or humans, same basic mechanics, same mediocre story, same recycled crap from the last generic FPS game.

long story short, don't claim a game is good until you've played it.

people are already playing it

i've been watching videos, etc. I know it's the game for me. I love Oblivion and the Fallouts, and this looks even better.

you're fighting cyborgs, robots, etc. not just humans. not aliens either. well, maybe cyborg terrorists.

Blade Runner meets Ghost in the Shell. What more could anyone ever want?
---
http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h336/Classic_Megaman/BurnCapcom.png
What you imagine or read in a really old book doesn't make it truthfully so. ~ me
#63almasbabyPosted 8/9/2011 2:14:09 AM
From what I've seen of it, it's borrowed everything from modern action films to MGS gameplay. There's not anything there I haven't seen before. It just looks like they took the safe route and made a formulaic game. That doesn't mean they didn't do it well. I'll reserve judgement until I play the game. I'm just not that excited about it from what I've seen so far.
#64Agent_Greer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2011 2:20:02 AM
almasbaby posted...
From what I've seen of it, it's borrowed everything from modern action films to MGS gameplay. There's not anything there I haven't seen before. It just looks like they took the safe route and made a formulaic game. That doesn't mean they didn't do it well. I'll reserve judgement until I play the game. I'm just not that excited about it from what I've seen so far.
Why did you say MGS?

This game doesn't have anything similar to MGS. It isn't anything remotely like it.
---
What you imagine or read in a really old book doesn't make it truthfully so. ~ me
Just because you don't know isn't evidence that you know. ~ me
#65almasbabyPosted 8/9/2011 2:21:17 AM
This game doesn't have anything similar to MGS. It isn't anything remotely like it.

Stealth? Where does it differ in that respect?
#66ShippoyashaPosted 8/9/2011 2:24:58 AM
I think the difference in stealth is that you get a lot more toys to play with in Deus Ex than in MGS. As in technical gadgets or even something silly/sly like talking a guard into thinking you're harmless or something.

To me, the funniest Deus Ex moments was somehow convincing a guard to leave their post just by talking them into it. I hope the new game has more of that too.
#67Agent_Greer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2011 2:25:33 AM
almasbaby posted...

Stealth? Where does it differ in that respect?

MGS has stealth? Where? Crawling on the ground at 2mph wearing a camo / octo suit isn't stealth.

You want stealth, go play a traditional SC game.

Oh and MGS didn't invent stealth either, or guns for that matter.
---
Just because you don't know isn't evidence that you know. ~ me
#68thisranksPosted 8/9/2011 3:48:20 AM
It really makes me go WTF @ the human race and at the same time make me pity it.
=======================================================
I feel the exact same way when i see people waste time pointing out the differences between eastern and western games, especially RPGs. Kinda like the same thing as an easterner and westerner both wearing fruit of the loom....people want to deflect attention away from the tighty whiteys and praise themselves instead.

As for Deux Ex....if it's not a RPG, it's not making my GOTY list. I hope it does well, but in the scheme of things FPS games are far down my gaming food chain.
---
Open forums + anonymous people allowed to say almost anything without fear of reprisal = firsthand experience with some of the bad apples in the world.