This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is we have netflix...

#1antoinejonesPosted 8/9/2011 9:32:48 AM
why cant/dont we have things like Steam or Onlive? I mean the onlydiffernce between the way the two programs work (i think) is one if movies while the other is games.. if itspossible to do one I dontsee why the other would be so hardn (except for maybe online play)
---
My first time and day in Jueno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#2Iceberg73ePosted 8/9/2011 9:34:24 AM
Because you can't install PC/Mac games on a PS3.
---
Ill lick all fanboys ass! - arsios
#3ashnailePosted 8/9/2011 9:40:09 AM
Also because sony will never allow anyone but them to sell games on their systems networks.
---
Armor won't help the heart stay sharp! Shellbust Stab!
#4antoinejones(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2011 9:51:29 AM
Iceberg73e posted...

well obviously i meant something similar to steam but for ps3 games
---
My first time and day in Jueno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#5Iceberg73ePosted 8/9/2011 9:52:28 AM
It's called PSN.
---
#6ipwnu713Posted 8/9/2011 9:52:34 AM
antoinejones posted...
Iceberg73e posted...

PSN?
---
"We're American. We don't quit when we're wrong. We just keep doing the wrong thing 'til it's right."
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheyKilledKenny2011
#7antoinejones(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2011 9:57:42 AM
ipwnu713 posted...
antoinejones posted...
Iceberg73e posted...

PSN?

No because unlike PSN steam gets ALL full retail games the day they come out... for example I wouldnt be able to buy Deus Ex or Rage on day one from the PS store(im sure you can do that on Steam) also Steam has discounted pricess... whatcosts 59.99 in stores or PSN would probably cost 39.99 in steam.

andlastly PSN never seems to lower their prices... theyre still selling Mass Effect 2 for 59.99 when Im sure in stores its probably 39.99 NEW by now
---
#8Iceberg73ePosted 8/9/2011 10:03:06 AM
Because unlike PC, consoles are reliant on brick and mortar stores for sales. The system is in place, you are just mad that the PS3 doesn't offer the same deals. So what are you really arguing for now?
---
#9antoinejones(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2011 10:08:37 AM
Iceberg73e posted...
Because unlike PC, consoles are reliant on brick and mortar stores for sales. The system is in place, you are just mad that the PS3 doesn't offer the same deals. So what are you really arguing for now?

the question however is WHY do consoles have to be reliant on brick and mortar stores?
---