This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mgs 4 1st

#21wigsplasherPosted 8/10/2011 12:36:52 AM
This is obviously a joke topic... This topic was made not long ago and we called TC an idiot for asking if he needs to play the other MGS games to appreciate MGS4

Plus TC's name doesn't make sense and he's a new user
---
My PSN name killed my Gamer Tag killed my PSN name
#22Paragon57Posted 8/10/2011 9:30:51 AM

Splinter Cell

Ah, both series I love. Stealth-wise, I agree - Splinter Cell does it better, but I love MGS for it's story and characters even if the Stealth is broken in comparison.
---
P a r a g o n 5 7 was here!
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/7527/paragon.png
#23qpxdmqp(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2011 9:57:51 AM
wigsplasher posted...
This is obviously a joke topic... This topic was made not long ago and we called TC an idiot for asking if he needs to play the other MGS games to appreciate MGS4

Plus TC's name doesn't make sense and he's a new user

Ok first, I never asked if I needed to play the other mgs games. Its my favorite series of all time. I know what comes with a game like mgs. I've completed all console mgsa total of at least 40 times. For $15, I will no doubt be picking this up first. also this is a new account, but ive been using since 1999. And my name does make sense if you knew me.so no joke.

To all the people making recommendations: thanks for your input. I'm probably gonna pick up GOW3, as i loved the first two. And for uncharted, do I need to play the first before the 2nd? Or should I be able to understand the story?
#24stawg007Posted 8/10/2011 10:00:52 AM
definitely pick up MGS4, just because people ITT didn't like it doesn't mean you won't like it too

im an MGS nut and i really enjoyed it, it wasn't as good as the first 3 but it's still a fantastic experience and a great conclusion to Snake's story
---
Sivis Pacem Parabellum
#25hyperpowderPosted 8/10/2011 10:11:46 AM

Ah, both series I love. Stealth-wise, I agree - Splinter Cell does it better, but I love MGS for it's story and characters even if the Stealth is broken in comparison.

Really I don't see how people can like the story TBH. It's a huge mess, plus some parts are really really really eye-rolling stupid (like that guy who keeps s***ing his pants)
---
Rockstar WOOOOOOOO
http://i53.tinypic.com/wur0j9.jpg
#26almasbabyPosted 8/10/2011 10:14:26 AM
And for uncharted, do I need to play the first before the 2nd? Or should I be able to understand the story?

It's a totally different story/adventure. The only reference to the first game is the relationship between Drake and Elena. You'll wonder what happened between them in the first game, but it has no bearing on the current adventure .
#27qpxdmqp(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2011 10:14:47 AM
Paragon57 posted...
Splinter Cell

Played conviction on the 360. Thought it really ruined the series. You had to kill poetry much every enemyNut my idea of stealth.
#28Paragon57Posted 8/10/2011 10:31:44 AM(edited)

Played conviction on the 360. Thought it really ruined the series. You had to kill poetry much every enemyNut my idea of stealth.

Ugh... Don't get me started on Conviction. Good game, but compared to the other SC games it's very broken in comparison. Some things are done better and easier, I admit, such as grabbing guards and such but the game is so dumbed down compared to, say, Chaos Theory. Well, even the first SC has more than Conviction it seems.

Really I don't see how people can like the story TBH. It's a huge mess, plus some parts are really really really eye-rolling stupid (like that guy who keeps s***ing his pants)

Really, the story was handled worse in MGS4 compared to other games. Even then, I mean, the answers were great but it was handled pretty bad...
---
P a r a g o n 5 7 was here!
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/7527/paragon.png
#29frisbee01Posted 8/13/2011 12:36:08 AM
I honestly can't believe that some people think UC1 is better than 2. That is actually impossible for me to comprehend. How? Why?!
#30NecrosexuaIPosted 8/13/2011 12:38:35 AM
demon's souls, disgaea 3, killzone 2/3, uncharted, fallout 3 goty, oblivion goty, god of war [collection/3, depending if you played em before. if you haven't played 1 and 2, get collection], vanquish.
personally, i say pass valkyria chronicles.
---
ANGRY**** BY NATURE, CHILL BY CIGARETTES
ONE PART THE FUHRER, ONE PART THE POPE -- vspominai menja