This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Choose your side BF3 vs. MW3

#21Soul_IntruderPosted 8/9/2011 11:55:12 AM
Are there any real tactical shooters this gen?
#22OmegaShinkaiPosted 8/9/2011 11:57:33 AM
There's ArmA 2 on the PC, and next year ArmA 3'll be out..
---
"When Garland knocks you down you're going to ****ing stay down." - __Skye__
#23SoliquidusPosted 8/9/2011 12:06:06 PM
TC, why should I or anyone else DARE to try and sell u on MW 3? If it aint your thing, it aint your thing. Also, you think anyone is gonna care if you get MW 3 or not?

Its gonna sell like crazy no matter what. Hate it, like it, or love it.......its gonna sell.

MW 3 and BF 3 both are very different War Shooters.

If you want a nice Team Based MP War Shooter with Vehicular Combat, and a greater emphasis on strategy and tactics, then you go with Battlefield

If you want a Faster more Arcade feeling type of MP War Shooter where you can take on droves of opponents and dont need to count on Team Mates, and controls like a dream, you go with Modern Warfare

There is a place in the Sun for both. And get this, neither is terrible. MW gets alot of hate, but MW started the Modern Military Combat Craze in Video Games. The Original MW was fantastic for its time. It broke the mold and there was nothing average about it. It had really high production values in all aspects, and the gameplay was fast, fluid and visceral. MW doesn't deserve all the hate it gets. Not even with the more recent iterations. They still have really high production values and are fast and fun experiences

I personally prefer my Battlefield, but I like MW as well. This is MP I am referring to tho

When it comes to Single Player, Battlefield falls flat. It is disgustingly boring. DICE dont exaggerate and present set pieces well. That is something that is needed in a game like this for that larger than life feeling. DICE attempt to, but they fail in this aspect.

Modern Warfare Single Player isn't mind blowing to me, but it is most definitely alot better than Battlefields. IW knows how to present Set Pieces well, and exaggerate them properly. With proper sound, effects, cinematic flair and such. DICE could take a note from IW in this area

When it comes down to it tho, its like this to me

Battlefield Single Player Sucks, but the Multiplayer is amazing

Modern Warfare Single Player good, and the Multiplayer is quite good as well.

No need to hate either. They are both great and there is room for both in the Industry, and your Gaming Shelf as well
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing
#24SoliquidusPosted 8/9/2011 12:11:02 PM
Notice I didn't say that MW was the first Modern Military Combat Game. I said it started the craze. Which it most definitely did. It was only after MW, that Modern Military Combat Shooters started popping up all over the place
---
PS3 without Immersion lacks Rumble and PS3 without Rumble lacks Immersion. Finally Sony did the right thing
#25nvanityPosted 8/9/2011 12:15:02 PM
Danwhoelse101 posted...
I personally can't wait for BF3, already pre-ordered.

I dare you to try to sell me on MW3!

Why on earth would any one even want to? If you're going to get BF3 great! I just hope you're getting it on PC to get the full blown experience on it and not settling for the console version.

I already have MW3 pre-ordered that sexy Time poster slapped on my wall and my rear end ready for it.

BF3 is just BC3.
Yeah, bold statement, I know.
---
And i'm like...Every night my Durn's the same, same old Yah with a different name
PSN: nvanity
#26KodegaPosted 8/9/2011 12:50:46 PM
OmegaShinkai posted...
How many times does this topic have to be posted?

Lots, this always happens when two big hype games with similar styles get released around the same time. Another big one was Prototype vs inFamous.

As for which one, I've pre-ordered BF3 for pc.

As for CoD, the series really started getting pretty bad after CoD 2. 3 was terrible, 4 was much better but after that the series has been on a gradual decline.
---
Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
#27Soul_IntruderPosted 8/9/2011 12:57:53 PM
Soliquidus posted...
Notice I didn't say that MW was the first Modern Military Combat Game. I said it started the craze. Which it most definitely did. It was only after MW, that Modern Military Combat Shooters started popping up all over the place

I say that title belongs to Rainbow Six.

Rainbow Six
Then came Delta Force
Then Counter Strike
Then Ghost Recon
Then Soldier of Fortune
Then Operation Flashpoint
Then SOCOM

From 2007 up to now we've got roughly the same amount of games.
#28GoatJugSoupPosted 8/9/2011 1:03:33 PM
neither cause i have no interest in either of them
---
http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=Goatjugsoup1278
Want more soup? View quote for more info