This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will you buy games with single player locked content?

#1jammiesPosted 8/11/2011 11:54:22 PM
I don't play shooters, so Rage is an easy skip for me.

I hope there's a Wikipedia list or something made as these start rolling so we know which games have them, what content is locked, and what the dev is charging for it. I buy some games new, some used..
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#2scoobydoobydontPosted 8/11/2011 11:57:14 PM
Yes, sure. I only worry over EA stuff where servers might get shut down, and retailer exclusive SP content. Everything else being tried (online DRM, passes, et cetera) I'm okay with. For now.
---
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here." -Molyneux
#3lambchipsPosted 8/12/2011 12:00:04 AM(edited)
this is why im glad, this will be my last gen of console gaming

i have a feeling next gen most of the gamers will be made up of people that play facebook games and call them the core experience

last gen was the peak of content... devs actually made an effort to give us complete games, now its a half hearted job with expansions

---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428
#4NecrosexuaIPosted 8/12/2011 12:00:55 AM(edited)
no, because i don't support crappy devs.

it's not even that i always buy used [only if i can't find it new at a brickandmortar shop] it's that... it's not fair that 10 years down the road i won't be able to buy it used when it's out of print and the servers are down so i can't play the entire game. that's bull****. i mean, i still buy games for snes/genesis/ps1/dreamcast, and i've got my name on the next sega saturn that ends up in the local game shop. so yes, i'll be buying ps3 games 10 years down the road. so yeah, it kinda pisses me off.
---
ANGRY**** BY NATURE, CHILL BY CIGARETTES
ONE PART THE FUHRER, ONE PART THE POPE -- vspominai menja
#5jammies(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 12:01:19 AM
Does Nintendo do any of this stuff? I have a Wii, but I don't use it much. (cue divorcee joke)
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#6AskeladdPosted 8/12/2011 12:03:22 AM
People can be as mad as they want to be about this, but at some point all games are going to be 100% digital just because that is more profitable (no manufacturing, shipping and packaging costs, sometimes no third party retailer, but you can still charge the same price). When that happens this won't be an issue.
---
Swayin' to the rhythm of the new world order and Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums The boogeymen are coming - A Perfect Circle, Pet
#7NecrosexuaIPosted 8/12/2011 12:04:28 AM
Does Nintendo do any of this stuff? I have a Wii, but I don't use it much. (cue divorcee joke)
not yet.

People can be as mad as they want to be about this, but at some point all games are going to be 100% digital just because that is more profitable (no manufacturing, shipping and packaging costs, sometimes no third party retailer, but you can still charge the same price). When that happens this won't be an issue.
and i'll quit gaming for good. i've said this numerous times. i like my physical copies too, too much, lol.
---
ANGRY**** BY NATURE, CHILL BY CIGARETTES
ONE PART THE FUHRER, ONE PART THE POPE -- vspominai menja
#8SullyTheStrangePosted 8/12/2011 12:05:19 AM

No, but only because the Wii essentially can't due to its minimal online. When the Wii U comes around, I'd expect developers to use the same tricks that we're seeing now.
---
All's fair in love and war, kid.
#9TheCyborgNinjaPosted 8/12/2011 12:05:59 AM
I buy Capcom's games...

Honestly though, I don't like the idea. If it's useless junk like extra outfits, I really don't care. If it's real content, like missions/stages, then it pisses me off. I buy new copies of games (as I can't wait and pick them up on day one), so it's not related to that. I just don't want my complete experience to rely on the PSN to be able to access the content later on down the line.
---
Captain Anderson also has his picture on his desk. Kaidan is such a slut. - khrulez
#10SullyTheStrangePosted 8/12/2011 12:07:08 AM
and i'll quit gaming for good. i've said this numerous times. i like my physical copies too, too much, lol.

You mean the warm feeling of holding a box in your hand is more important than gaming itself? That's... really stupid, honestly, unless you have some deranged box fetish.
---
All's fair in love and war, kid.