This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What JRPGS have character customisation?

#11Rarehunter_idol(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 1:09:58 PM
Thanks everyone!

I've got Resonance of Fate still sealed on my bookshelf, so i should get into that one soon. Already have Demon's Souls and as for Tales games i have Symphonia and Vesperia... All unfinished, haha >_>;

White Knight Chronicles II seems perfect though, and it's already available for PAL gamers, so i think i'll get that in the next couple weeks. I remember hearing the first game being all about the online questing, but are they still as good offline? I don't mind playing with others, but i'm just wondering.
---
This Body Holding Me Reminds Me Of My Own Mortality. Embrace This Moment, Remember; We Are Eternal, All This Pain Is An illusion...
#12antoinejonesPosted 8/12/2011 1:14:37 PM
rarehunter_idol posted...
Thanks everyone!

I've got Resonance of Fate still sealed on my bookshelf, so i should get into that one soon. Already have Demon's Souls and as for Tales games i have Symphonia and Vesperia... All unfinished, haha >_>;

White Knight Chronicles II seems perfect though, and it's already available for PAL gamers, so i think i'll get that in the next couple weeks. I remember hearing the first game being all about the online questing, but are they still as good offline? I don't mind playing with others, but i'm just wondering.

well the character you create isnt the main character in the offline story (he isnt even refereed to or looked at in the cutscenes) so although hes there hes just a silent tag-along in single player.. so if you wanna get the full benefit of your created character online is the way to go (and while the single player story is OK.. not great but not horrible) it alone isnt worth the purchase price of the game (id only rent the game if i JUST wanted to play offline)
---
My first time and day in Jueno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#13Rarehunter_idol(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 1:23:47 PM
antoinejones posted...
well the character you create isnt the main character in the offline story (he isnt even refereed to or looked at in the cutscenes) so although hes there hes just a silent tag-along in single player.. so if you wanna get the full benefit of your created character online is the way to go (and while the single player story is OK.. not great but not horrible) it alone isnt worth the purchase price of the game (id only rent the game if i JUST wanted to play offline)

Alright then, cheers. I'll buy it expecting to spend most of the time online then.
---
This Body Holding Me Reminds Me Of My Own Mortality. Embrace This Moment, Remember; We Are Eternal, All This Pain Is An illusion...
#14antoinejonesPosted 8/12/2011 1:41:51 PM
rarehunter_idol posted...
antoinejones posted...

Alright then, cheers. I'll buy it expecting to spend most of the time online then.

well based on you previous points Id advice against it... I mean if you cant even find time to play/finish the games you DO have (tales and resonance of fate) surely youre not gonna find time to invest 500+ hours in WKC.. and even if you DID then imagine those poor neglected games you already have that REALLY arent gonna get touch until 2015 then? lol
---
My first time and day in Jueno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#15SoratamiPosted 8/12/2011 1:51:36 PM
White Knight Chronicles 2 really is the best choice for this, that game has tons and tons of costumization options.

The only other game I can think of, besides the ones already mentioned here, is Disgaea 3. You can't actually change the characters' armours, but you can create hundreds of different looking characters, and there's a huge amount of weapons too.
---
PSN: ilikethispart
#16Rarehunter_idol(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2011 2:10:49 AM
Thanks once again.

Yeah, now that i think about it probably should not buy more JRPGs, considering i already have a crazy backlog with RPGs like Digital Devil Saga 1&2, Atelier Rorona, Ar Tonelico Qoga, Rogue Galaxy and so many more...

p_p;

...But uh, i'll end up buying WKC2 anyway because i have a real weak spot for RPGs....
---
#17DaggeraxePosted 8/13/2011 2:12:29 AM
Legend of Legaia