This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What PS3s can play PS1 and PS2 games?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What PS3s can play PS1 and PS2 games?

User Info: RGR490G

RGR490G
5 years ago#1
Well, I was about to go get a slim PS3 when I heard it doesn't play PS2 games. I'm pretty sure they all play PS1 games, but what about PS2 games? Can the slim play them, or only the older versions?
In Soviet Russia, quote writes you!
PSN: eibell3 GT: ThePizzaBoy847

User Info: NecrosexuaI

NecrosexuaI
5 years ago#2
any with 4 usb ports. they all fatties tho.
ANGRY**** BY NATURE, CHILL BY CIGARETTES
ONE PART THE FUHRER, ONE PART THE POPE -- vspominai menja

RGR490G
5 years ago#3
Ah, I see. Are there any 120GB fat models? (Or could I buy a 120GB HDD and put it in a fat model?)

NecrosexuaI
5 years ago#4
yea, you can put a bigger hdd in fatty.

User Info: izza20

izza20
5 years ago#5
You can put in any 2.5" sata drive in the ps3, providing it fits in the slot (which limits the use of some of the 1tb+ drives out there). There is no need to stop at 120gig, you could get a BC ps3 and put a 500gig hard drive in there easily.

Also, every ps3 out there plays ps1 games identically. PS2 compatability is the only difference. The haven't made PS2-BC ps3's in quite a number of years now, and they can get quite expensive. You are probably much better off buying both a slim ps3 and a slim ps2 if you want to play ps2 games that badly.

NecrosexuaI
5 years ago#6
Also, every ps3 out there plays ps1 games identically. PS2 compatability is the only difference. The haven't made PS2-BC ps3's in quite a number of years now, and they can get quite expensive. You are probably much better off buying both a slim ps3 and a slim ps2 if you want to play ps2 games that badly.
this. ps2 is better if you just get a slim one and switch out cables. ps3 fatties are dying left and right.

RGR490G
5 years ago#7
NecrosexuaI posted...
this. ps2 is better if you just get a slim one and switch out cables. ps3 fatties are dying left and right.

Mine just died a couple months ago, as a matter of fact. That's why I'm buying a new one.

Thanks for the advice, guys. A slim PS3 and a PS2 sounds like the best choice.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. What PS3s can play PS1 and PS2 games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived