This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

NEW Borderlands 2 screenshots released

#1Starbucks_FanPosted 8/13/2011 5:14:00 AM
http://www.gamersmint.com/new-borderlands-2-screenshots-released

Looks great!
---
Currently Playing- DJ Hero 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2, NFS Hot Pusuit, Zelda Spirit Tracks, Assassin's Creed 2
#2JokeprincePosted 8/13/2011 5:20:28 AM
Glad they are sticking with the same art style, really liked it.
---
Don't know what your problem is but I bet it's hard to pronounce.
Psn:LuckyNumberKev1n
#3Bebop242Posted 8/13/2011 6:09:31 AM
are these really screenshots? Seems more like artwork/drawings to me.
#4Sp8cemanSpiffPosted 8/13/2011 6:12:48 AM
^Hard to say. Too small to judge.
---
"If god didn't want us to eat in church, he would have made gluttony a sin." - Homer Simpson
#5VCarterMossPosted 8/13/2011 6:39:26 AM
WOW that looks really nice. I love games with varied atmospheres, like they had snow and also greenery in those shots. Some questions though:

1) Is the first game as varied in terrain as this looks in the screenshots? Whenever I see gameplay it's just a desert.

2) If not, is this game connected to the first via story? Will I understand if I skip the first?
#6Bebop242Posted 8/13/2011 6:58:55 AM
VCarterMoss posted...
WOW that looks really nice. I love games with varied atmospheres, like they had snow and also greenery in those shots. Some questions though:

1) Is the first game as varied in terrain as this looks in the screenshots? Whenever I see gameplay it's just a desert.

2) If not, is this game connected to the first via story? Will I understand if I skip the first?

1) just desert with a little variety towards the end

2) I'm willing to bet the opening cut scene for Borderlands 2 will be able to tell you what you need to know. Playable characters from the first are NPC's in the second. I would still recommend the first one though since its pretty cheap and the GOTY version has a lot of content.
#7Blood_of_SokarPosted 8/13/2011 7:09:33 AM
Please, for the love of God, no more Skags.
---
PSN: Vallanthaz
What's this do?! *smashes* Now it don't do nothin'!" -Mark Henry
#8Mud_ChanPosted 8/13/2011 7:14:02 AM
VCarterMoss posted...

The first game is not so varied. It's essentially a giant desert, garbage hills, a few caves, a few facilities, and one snowy area. This game will be connected to the first story, but you should do fine as it wasn't exactly the most intense plot. The plot of this one has to do with a new owner of Hyperion, who will be the antagonist of this game. The Guardian Angel and Claptraps are also apparently back. The four vault hunters of the first game will be NPCs you interact with in varied ways. It will take place on Pandora and at least one of Pandora's moons. The first picture is probably on a moon, and if you look at the second picture, that's Pandora you see in the sky. The bottom three pictures are likely on Pandora itself.

Sadly, I don't think we'll see Echo-6, despite Marcus talking about it in the Robolution.
---
Demon's Souls/Dark Souls Stat and Weapon Calcs
http://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/
#9wstfldPosted 8/13/2011 7:18:05 AM
Wow. Looks great. I'm glad they're adding some color.
---
Now Playing: Crash Bandicoot 3
Up Next: Nothing for the foreseeable future.
#10Bebop242Posted 8/13/2011 7:19:57 AM
Blood_of_Sokar posted...
Please, for the love of God, no more Skags.

I agree with this.

However the midgets riding them in the Knoxx DLC was awesome.