This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Online Pass "solution".

#1CammyApplePosted 8/15/2011 1:51:59 PM
All games that have an online portion cost $10 less new but require the purchase of such a pass on its own for $10. There you go, you lose nothing buying used and people cane save money new should they not want to play online.
#2KainnK19Posted 8/15/2011 1:56:55 PM
I prefer my solution: either buy new or pay an extra $10 for an online pass.

Let's see which of our solutions the developers prefer!
---
I was into the Playstation Move before it was cool to be - 7/13/2010
Does that sounds logic? It is NOT - TH3_SYN
#3SODISPosted 8/15/2011 1:56:57 PM
I remember reading an interview on Gamasutra once about a dev that suggested a similar idea, that we simply buy what we want in chunks. Like if we wanted only the SP portion: we'd pay that and so on. Naturally everyone blew him off, but I personally don't like the "lesser of two evils" choice when there's always been a 3rd choice: support game makers who don't pull this crap and let darwinism work its magic. No one's going to be sad to see crap companies like EA, Ubisoft, Sony go. Someone will always replace them and we'll all be better for it. Money motivates everyone.
---
NIER
#4CammyApple(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2011 2:00:31 PM
The problem is Darwinism doesn't work, just ask his descendants. ~ Kidding aside I agree. I speak with my wallet.
#5SODISPosted 8/15/2011 2:24:31 PM
^^
haha, you know about the inbreeding eh?
---
NIER
#6Ultimate_TimmehPosted 8/15/2011 2:27:28 PM
Your solution has been suggested before. And I agree with it. Nothing changes for people that want to play online, but it's a better deal for people that don't play online. So overall, it's a better system.
---
PSN: Ultimate_Timmeh
http://www.backloggery.com/ultimate_timmeh
#7Big_Boss222Posted 8/15/2011 2:36:52 PM

I remember reading an interview on Gamasutra once about a dev that suggested a similar idea, that we simply buy what we want in chunks. Like if we wanted only the SP portion: we'd pay that and so on. Naturally everyone blew him off, but I personally don't like the "lesser of two evils" choice when there's always been a 3rd choice: support game makers who don't pull this crap and let darwinism work its magic. No one's going to be sad to see crap companies like EA, Ubisoft, Sony go. Someone will always replace them and we'll all be better for it. Money motivates everyone.

I support this comment.
---
PSN ID: Boke18
#8Syfer002Posted 8/15/2011 2:43:12 PM
Buy used then return the game you bought used to a retail store like walmart and get it exchanged. no receipt required :)
#9SH_expert44Posted 8/15/2011 2:50:41 PM
or they can make every game go digital only, that way there is no problem with used games. and if you dont have the connection to DL a game then it looks like you lose. I can totally see the PS4 being an all digital system, even more so if they can get stable highly rewritable SSDs that can hold 2TBs within the next 5 years or so.
---
( |_| |_ |_\_/|)|_|)| http://g.bfbcs.com/963/ps3_REexpert44.png http://i54.tinypic.com/2q9whw4.gif
_) || |__ |__/\| |__|\_|
#10Schwepps01Posted 8/15/2011 2:57:56 PM
This is exactly what I was thinking TC. If server costs really were so bad, they would want you to pay for any online, not give it to those who buy new. But that's not what this is about. It's about greed and money and stopping used sales. If they really actually gave a s*** for their consumers, they would do this offer. Your solution is foolproof but will never happen.