This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Online Pass "solution".

#11xKontagionxPosted 8/15/2011 3:16:56 PM

I remember reading an interview on Gamasutra once about a dev that suggested a similar idea, that we simply buy what we want in chunks. Like if we wanted only the SP portion: we'd pay that and so on. Naturally everyone blew him off, but I personally don't like the "lesser of two evils" choice when there's always been a 3rd choice: support game makers who don't pull this crap and let darwinism work its magic. No one's going to be sad to see crap companies like EA, Ubisoft, Sony go. Someone will always replace them and we'll all be better for it. Money motivates everyone.

For the first time on gaming sites, the car analogy can actually work with the game industry. Go to a dealership. For simple drivers, they can get a simple car with bare minimum features like no radio or ac. They can still add features later in cars from other places. For the complete package style drivers, they choose a car with everything implemented.

Pirates will hide among the innocent consumers like usual and complain they demand everything cheaper or else it gets pirated.
---
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. - Herm Albright
#12WantedOutlawPosted 8/15/2011 3:20:16 PM
I like my solution best. Rent the game on release day from the Blockbuster I go to using my in-store game pass. Literally 100% of the time they leave the online passes or DLC codes in the game case and since the game is new, they're unused.
#13gjc2007Posted 8/15/2011 3:55:18 PM(edited)
My solution is implement micro-transactions and stop locking on disc content.

Want to level up faster? Here, pay $2, get an experience bonus. Don't want to grind for in game money? Pay $2, here's $100k in game currency. Simply leave all of the content in the game and leave it all open for people that are willing to work for it, and allow the rest to pay for shortcuts.

Do this without implementing "Power for pay" and you're good to go. Plus, you can still make plenty of money off of used game buyers.
---
It's funny people disregard how Capcom are treating their fans. If this was Sony or MS most of you would be calling for the death of the company.-bigboss222